A piece to the puzzle

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
This arrived today. Getting closer!

156649732905140514649.jpg

I hope they were better protected than that during shipment.

But very cool:thumbsup:

Egge’s? They are about the only game around for those pistons! Did you ever get your car painted?
I haven't painted it yet. Too much life going on. Those are stock dome pistons I found from a guy in California. They are used but look perfect. Hope to work on the bottom end tommorow. I have finished the head work.

Can't wait to see your results. Please post your build specs, and how your 10.5 to 1 compression does on pump gas.

How fun
Completely stock. Didn't bore the engine. Original cam looks good. I did replace the heads with a set from the same time period.
Mostly just cleaning up and replacing needed parts.
New seals, bearings and rings.

Had you run the engine before as a comando?
I haven't driven the car but did have it running. This has been a long process for me. On the positive side though the commando is original to this car and I am replacing the parts needed to put it back to as original as I can make it. I ditched the dual exhaust and have the single exhaust with the resonator from accurate exhaust to go in place.
Thanks

Have the crankshaft installed and couldn't resist this shot of the dome pistons smiling

received_2282404075403147.jpeg

Pouring rain here in central North Carolina today. Just cleaning the crankshaft journals

I've been working on the same puzzle since 1981, I think it's done then some shiney new do dad catches my eye

That'll probably turn out real nice. Standard bore loose motors always run really well. Keep us updated.

That'll probably turn out real nice. Standard bore loose motors always run really well. Keep us updated.
Mine will not be on the strip, but a really nice one to cruise around. Hoping to meet some friends in Chicago and take the rt 66 for a while. May not make it to California but just have fun!

Mine will not be on the strip, but a really nice one to cruise around. Hoping to meet some friends in Chicago and take the rt 66 for a while. May not make it to California but just have fun!

Doesn't matter. It'll still run very well likely.

-
Back