A question about order of install...

-

grassy

Reaction score
I am just trying to decide on a logical sequence of our engine/trans install.

The car is a '75 duster. I will be installing a 360 with TTI headers and a 727 trans.

I m also putting in power assisted brakes. Everything is out of the engine bay including the steering assembly.

I have been watching some threads re problems installing or fitting in the TTI hardware.

I am taking the advice that I will attach the k-frame to the engine/trans combo and lift up the car and drop on the unit.

The question is should I have the front suspension attached to the k-frame during the install or leave that to later ?

Have the TTIs fitted or wait 'till afterwards ?

Then install the steering column then the brake gear. Is there something I should be aware of ?

When installing my axle, should I have the springs attached as well so I can just pick up the rear end of the car and slide everything in or should I install the springs first then put the axle in.

I appreciate your input.

Ian.

Put the front suspension and headers on before you install from the bottom along with the steering box and put the brakes on before you install the motor. As far as the rear end it is which ever way make it easier for you as it does not matter.

OK.
Recap.
Install the power brake unit.
Install engine, trans, front suspension and headers as one unit.
Install steering shaft.
The rest as what is easiest.

Thanks Dartman. This has an impact to how I am assembling .. that and it gives my son the impression that I actually know what I am doing :) ..especially when you know there are going to be hiccups.

For example, i went down to uap and bought everything I needed to build the rear drum brakes for the new to us 8 3/4 ...went to put it together today and I am missing some crucial parts....I even brought in an exploded diagram wth everything on it so the parts guy would know what I was talking about.

If all goes well we may be ble to take it to a show or two...fingers crossed.

Ian :)

-
Back