A quick question about K-members..

-

mopardude318

Reaction score
Hello FABO...On 73 and up V-8 spool mount type k-members, are all V-8 k-members the same whether it is from a 318 car or a 360 car? And that you need to change JUST the motor mount itself? Let's say the spool mount k-member came out of a 360 car, and I'm using a 318, I would just have to get the 318 rubber mount. Correct???

Just like the 67-72 v-8 k-members, you need to use the corresponding engine mount if it's gonna be a 318 or a 360...

I believe they are the same. Only the mount is different.

Correct just the mount is different like on the 67-72 style. BUT they don't make an over the counter rubber 360/340 mount. You can use a 318 mount with some spacers and all will be fine. I've seen picture of that setup.

I fished a 360 mount out of the junkyard and put/welded in a rubber isolator that you can buy separate. Buy the other 318 pre assembled with the mount and isolator together. Hardly any more money, not worth the hassle.

Correct just the mount is different like on the 67-72 style. BUT they don't make an over the counter rubber 360/340 mount. You can use a 318 mount with some spacers and all will be fine. I've seen picture of that setup.

I fished a 360 mount out of the junkyard and put/welded in a rubber isolator that you can buy separate. Buy the other 318 pre assembled with the mount and isolator together. Hardly any more money, not worth the hassle.

You are 100 percent right.
Allthough, it shouldn't be that hard to find a good 360 spool motor mount out of a C or B body that will fit if you want it to look correct.

Thanks guys. I don't think I'll have to worry about the 360 motor mount ideal, as I have a 318...Probably good to know though, if I ever decide to swap! :)

-
Back