A Really Cool "A-Body (GM)" Exhaust System

-

VOETOM

Reaction score

This will show you where my VOETOM came from, the car that started and eventually ended up with the muffler I build, and you can see the display I made for the VOEGTO at MCACAN in 2021. What a cool car, awesome exhaust, and fun project!!!

small70VOE (drawing) copy.jpeg

voe_nopipe_Finish copy.jpeg

imagejpeg_1.jpeg

Very cool stuff, Tom! Thanks for sharing. The 1970 model year is my favorite GTO.

Thanks. Forgot to add the last photos is the patent holder/inventor of the muffler, Jim Hall, and me at the MCACN show in 2021 .

I have 12 more to build and that will be it. Parts are so very expensive now after inflation and other things this last 18 months or so.

I would probably buy one for Vixen. I bet it would sound good!

Looks like an expensive muffler that wouldn’t last real long on a street car.

Expensive but all stainless. Mine are now 16 years old and some of the first ones I built are right at 20 years old. For sure, 304 st. st. is much better than the original non-stainless and muffler-stainless that Oldberg used to build them in 1969.

IMG_3417.jpeg

Last edited:
What was really great was working with the man that invented the mufflers (back in 1964-65). It was so cool standing next to him as he expianed to show attendees how they worked (using the cutaway display I made). What a true honor it was. Still can't believe I got to do it.

Attachments​

65920515538__2593852C-3DD0-4BA9-80CD-18536A3C5F1E.jpeg

-
Back