A Rust Check view.

-

my68barracuda

Reaction score
Not a mopar but the 250,000 mile ‘96 GMC Sonoma is the winter time daily driver from roughly November to April. During that time the ‘83 D150 is garaged.
I have the Sonoma done with the Rust Check process about every 2 or 3 years. I think it has done OK. About 2 weeks ago had the Rust Check spray applied by a different shop as the place I was using appears to be closing maybe the owners retiring.
To cut to chase I told the guy that was getting the Sonoma from the parking lot to hit it good, saying ‘ I don’t care if it drips for a week.
I got the Sonoma back and parked it in the garage as the local weather is good enough to keep driving the D150.
Well I watched, and nothing dripped off the Sonoma. Went under it and looked, the wheel wells and rocker panels were dry. Pulled the tail light housings, inside the bed walls it was dry.
Called the shop and spoke with the manager, he was assertive that ‘ Jason’ always does a good job. I took the truck out and let him take a look, he said ‘ I am going to do a complete re spray.’
The photo is after the re spray.
Another example of some worker taking short cuts and doing really poor work with his boss being oblivious.
Today you need to look out for yourself to get what you pay for.

EE19C0AE-06D2-4185-A953-A5A8FC2889C2.jpeg

I see it all the time in my line of work. Actually pisses me off. Especially cause I'm the one fixing someone else's garbage!

That sucks. Customer service has disappeared these days. Glad you got it resolved quickly.

"Bring Jason in here so he can see what I'm about to tell you....."
Yea, I did not go that far, probably should have. I will just find a different location for the next spray.
I will probably call the store manage and say, I am satisfied with the respray, but I will go somewhere else next time.

He probably does a decent job most of the time but probably didn't like it when you told him to hit it good.. kids now a days cop an attitude for such little things.

People are so spiteful and hateful these days. Good for you for checking. We have to be our own quality control.

U did the right thing by taking it back and showing/telling the manager. They need to know if their employees are doing a decent job or not. Kim

-
Back