A100 Super Stock seats Question ??

-

71'DemonRon

Reaction score
Do the A100 seats (when used in a Super stock build with the correct brackets) have an adjuster to slide back and forth or are they bolted solid to the brackets ? THANKS

you can run the factory a100 sliders but add's some hieght to the seats, and if your using the new foam (cant remember the guys name) your head will be tight against the roof (not headliner) without a helmet on...

EDIT: on spec brackets, our drop brackets work pretty well

Do the A100 seats (when used in a Super stock build with the correct brackets) have an adjuster to slide back and forth or are they bolted solid to the brackets ? THANKS

No sliders. There's a few reasons they won't work without fabrication. I have a set of NOS A100 seats from a van with the original sliders and mounting boxes. Currently, I'm doing a lot of stuff to my Duster which involved removal of the behemoth OE bench seat. I thought it would be cool to install my A100 seats and make them adjustable using the OE sliders but there is no apparent/easy way to do it. I also tried to see if the sliders could be mated to a non A100 seat. I did come up with something but it took too much effort so I ditched the idea.

Anyway - the wire/rod between the rails that actuates the slider mechanism is not really long enough to work when the seats are mounted to an a-body floor pan. In vans, the rails were offset to one side of the seat depending on which side it was mounted on in the cab. For this reason, there are two sets of holes on an A100 seat bottom frame. IIRC, they are 10" apart while the a-body floor mounts are 12"+.

In addition, there's an upside-down u-shaped bracket with holes in the sides that hangs below the slider rail. To make them mount flush, you'd basically have to cut those off which is no big deal. If you didn't, you have to cut a slot in the S/S seat mounts or have them (U brackets) hang over the front of the mount surface. Those brackets facilitate sliding a solid rod through them which also then goes through a hole in the side of the mounting box. Its kind of a wacky set up. I thought it was designed so you could flip the seats forward and store things in the box underneath but the sliders are bolted to the box in the back which prevents doing so. Again, its wacky.

That's not to say it can't be done. Maybe a slider from a different seat would be easier?

There's one last caveat here. Even if you did figure out how to make the sliders work with the S/S brackets, they would make the seats sit too high in the car. Those S/S brackets need to be about an inch shorter to use sliders.

Hope that was helpful. I was bored.

Do you have

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/19dabahessau.html ?

It is the authenticity guide for 68 HEMI A-bodies? Well worth the twenty bucks or so. Has illustrations for the seat brackets, the window belts etc.....

Just to let everyone know. I ordered the book on 7-14-13 from Mancini's for $18.95, not bad. Then they charged $10.33 for UPS, for a book? And it's been 21 days and no book. It is suppose to be here tomorrow.

Just to let everyone know. I ordered the book on 7-14-13 from Mancini's for $18.95, not bad. Then they charged $10.33 for UPS, for a book? And it's been 21 days and no book. It is suppose to be here tomorrow.

Mancini does bend you over a barrel on the shipping. They told me it was going UPS so I gave them my home address. They sent it USPS instead and seeing as how I do not have home mail delivery (po box) it got sent back. Postmaster at the office that delivers to my area is an a**hole, at the time this happened my po box was at her office...she could have just put it in my po box. Manicini did resend it on there dime but......I did see the book on Amazon a while back....

Well this is a shame that my first order from them will be the last. There are to many other vendors out there to put up with this. I guess I should have not ordered it until I found out the shipping. But when you order from them it says shipping will apply and you will be notified by e-mail on the cost at the time of shipping.

Well this is a shame that my first order from them will be the last. There are to many other vendors out there to put up with this. I guess I should have not ordered it until I found out the shipping. But when you order from them it says shipping will apply and you will be notified by e-mail on the cost at the time of shipping.

Sort of a dishonest way of doing business.....I have found that http://monicattichrysler.com/comersus/store/comersus_dynamicindex.asp
is usually better on the prices and shipping.....

-
Back