a833 problem

-

amcervantes

Reaction score
Ok so here it is at first to get the car in 1st I had to shift from 2nd to 1st. now its damn near hard to get into first from second. I also have to put it in 3rd to get it to shift back into reverse. And lastly if I shift to third and press up a little 2 hard it grinds a little. I know it needs a throw out bearing so I'm just going to buy a clutch kit. Could the shift linkages be bent causing the problems or does it sound like some other issue.

Sounds like the clutch isn't disengaging all the way do to bad bearing. Fix the clutch first and go from there.

It could be a lot of things. Your clutch may not be disengaging because a)you aren't stepping the clutch down far enough b)the clutch linkage is bent, binding, or out of adjustment or c)your clutch is warped.

it could also be your shifter linkage. First be sure the nuts on the studs that hold the shifter rockers are tight. I had a loose one that eventually rounded off. At first I just missed a lot of shifts and eventually the trans locked. Rather than take the whole transmission apart and replace the stud, I just welded it on.

Your linkage may not be lined up correctly. To do this, you put the shifter in neutral and put a eighth (?) inch drill bit and put it through a hole in your shifter linkage and line it all up. If it's an internal problem???

A bad throw out bearing will make a lot of noise when you press in the clutch, but it will still disengage the clutch unless the clutch fork isn't attached to the bearing (broken wire clips) and the bearing binds.

I doubt it's the gearbox or linkage

I vote for clutch. Might be something bent, cracked, including any part of the linkage, Z bar, fork, and one time I had a B&B pressure plate that got "junk" (clutch disk feathers) wedged down between the PP and the cover, and the pp would release fine until you tried to speed / power shift.

I think also, sometimes if a clutch disc gets a bit oily, or the flywheel/pressure plate starts getting some high spots....it will make the trans keep spinning when the clutch pedal is pushed in, which of course will lead to difficulty in putting it in gear.

This could also be a pilot bushing that's developed a problem, IE trying to couple the crank to the input shaft, or a trans/ bellhousing alignment issue.

Is this something that developed over time, or is this a "new install" or what?

Loose bell or transmission!!!

Its something that just developed after driving it to and from work for 8 months. heard the throw out bearing after a rainy day assuming moisture got to it from no inspection cover then after about a month after that it started hard shifting.

-
Back