A833 shifter issues

-

mummertj

Reaction score
I have a 72 340 duster with an 833 4 speed I bought an aluminum f body od and put in it with my original hurst shifter and now all my shift rods are about an inch short, all of them, is there a slight difference with the f body tail shaft? Is the shifter mounting plate different on an A body than an F body is there a different set of rods I can use? Any help or suggestions would be great

Something went wrong. Reverse and 1/2 should be exactly the same. 3/4 should be close. The mounting plate should also be the same. Post some pics if you can.

If I remember correctly the shift levers need to be flipped where they bolt to the side cover. The OD levers point down in the F-body and up in the A-body. Once again, it's been awhile. I think I am remembering this correctly.

The tails are the same, And I have used the same shifter and rods on both. But
IIRC the od box has it's own front lever and the rear lever may be clocked slightly different. Can't say for 100% sure but I always left the OD levers on the trans, when I swapped.

Interesting we're still talking about this. Guy posts this three weeks ago, has two total posts, and never comes back...

just a way to say we can fix his car without him......lol

-
Back