ABodyBetty's 1st Baby Comes Back Home!!!!

-

64dart170

Reaction score
WOW!
WE NEED ANOTHER NAME!!!
Here's the official shout out to the FABO membership to name our oldest baby! Take a look at our new restore thread here, post back to us with your suggestion of a name. (Keep it clean!)

ABodyBetty's first baby is comming home!
1969 Dart Custom, slant 6, auto, 4 DOOR!!!! (Big Suprise on the 4 doors LOL!)

Couple years ago we got this car for her son and invested alot of time and love in it for him with dibs if he ever resold. Well guess what? He called and wants to sell back to us for orig. purchase price!
He will be dropping it back off over here soon.
Sense I am 50% complete with what little body work it needed, I thought I would go ahead and get started on her restoration thread.
She's gonna need more work when she gets here too. Her bumpers are looking rusty and some other things have been going downhill too.
Anyway, I will be posting pics of the car throughout the day. Then when she comes home we will announce the winning name! (I'll try to figure out some kind of carnival prize for the winner)
Anyway, Here's some history....
Was purchased locally off the side of the road. Was purchased from estate and had been stored approx. 25 years! Yes we had to take apart rear end (bearings setting too long), replaced fuel system, and everything else! The car was in like showroom on the inside. Retired school teacher (no joke) bought it new and only drove it in her home town, work, church, groceries! (Her son had bought a copper colored Cornet at the same time from the same local dealer in the small SW Indiana town. He drove his for a bit. Left for the Nam. Sadly, he never returned. She then left her sons car in storage sense then and never drove it!)
When she got on in years, seems she got to the point of "The garage door is getting smaller" and started using the car as a pin ball on a bumper as she was pulling in/out each time. She keep scraping both sides, front fenders, all doors, and both rear quarters! The family finally took the keys.
The son spotted it.
"Hey John, did you see that Dart down on 50?"
"That wasn't a Dart, that's a Cornet and it's too rich for your blood."
"What, are you getting old and blind too? There's a Dart down there."
"Oh there is not"
"Yes there is. I stopped and they only wanted $2500.00 for it." (We still talked the price down!!!!)
"You still got all you're money?"
"Yeah and some extra too."
"Well get all you're money, drivers license and lets go!"
We get there and sure enough! It was parked between the Cornet (Women's Son's car) and a pick up and I hadn't seen it!
We took it for a quick test drive and we bought it! He's been driving it everyday sense (over 2 years). We even had it at a local show when we first bought it. The only seat that had ever been sat in was drivers. All the rest of the seat belts were all still wrapped in the original plastic with rotted rubber bands included!

Alright, pictures to follow.

Please post back with name suggestions!
Thanks! Now for your enjoyment, the pics!:cheers:

69 dart emb.jpg

69 dart custom.jpg

clays dart.jpg

lex & 69.jpg

69 back qurtr.jpg

69 & 64 at show.jpg

69 snowbound.jpg

Wow, that looks super. Good find the first time, good save the second!
C

Shepherd , Sounds like he took good care of your son for two years :cheers:

How bout whatever the name of the retired school teacher? Would be kinda cool to carry the old lady's name on, I'm sure she did a lot over the years....

I forgot it belonged to a school teacher. Now another teacher, me, will be driving it.

Some more for your viewing entertainment!
(I'm alot thinner now!!)8)

Pics not in time line order! Sorry!8)

n16.jpg

n17.jpg

n19.jpg

n20.jpg

n21.jpg

n22.jpg

n23.jpg

n24.jpg

n25.jpg

n26.jpg

Welcome home. I can't tell from this angle, but is it a boy or girl? Well I can't see the rear:bootysha:

I would call her, He :-k:dontknow: Looks like that car has taught some good lessons to me:bball::thumbrig:
I bet the son new how to look after it so she or he taught more than a driving test, I see some tetching going on all around her.

He or She ?
Looks like it's been good to you and the folks around ya.

Mother,Mom
Dad Father:toothy4:

Shepherd , Sounds like he took good care of your son for two years :cheers:

The car has been good to Clay. It was his third vehicle and the first one he actually cared about. The others ones he didn't really care about them as long as he got him where he wanted to go.

How bout whatever the name of the retired school teacher? Would be kinda cool to carry the old lady's name on, I'm sure she did a lot over the years....

That is a great idea. I am going to have to see what I can find out once we get the title back and everything. Thanks.

I would call her, He :-k:dontknow: Looks like that car has taught some good lessons to me:bball::thumbrig:
I bet the son new how to look after it so she or he taught more than a driving test, I see some tetching going on all around her.

He or She ?
Looks like it's been good to you and the folks around ya.

Mother,Mom
Dad Father:toothy4:

By the time Clay got this car his driving had extremely improved. The first car he had only a few months before he totaled a Mercury Tracer. Then the second one was a Chevy Blazer. Well the name speaks for itself. Then he got the 69 Dart. All the girls at school wanted to go for a ride with him. I wonder if it was the car or him they really wanted. Oh well it don't matter either way they didn't loose. They got to ride in a really cool car with a handsome young man. :-D

By the time Clay got this car his driving had extremely improved. The first car he had only a few months before he totaled a Mercury Tracer. Then the second one was a Chevy Blazer. Well the name speaks for itself. Then he got the 69 Dart. All the girls at school wanted to go for a ride with him. I wonder if it was the car or him they really wanted. Oh well it don't matter either way they didn't loose. They got to ride in a really cool car with a handsome young man. :-D

Hey ABB,
You play you're cards right, and I might let you sit real close to a handsome man, on that bench seat!8)

I'll be digging through files for days looking for that old previous title. I think her name was Pearl, Catrina, Gladys, I forget. A Victorian style name.....
I know that title is here somewhere................................

Hum, 4 door, me thinks I'd call it,

The Transporter

I like the suggestion of naming her after the previous owner as well..

If she was done up in green rather than blue, I'd call her my dreamcar. :-D

We need to start sluthing the paperwork. I like the idea of naming after the original owner. No one else other than us has ever driven the car.8)

We need to see if Clay has any of the original paperwork.

-
Back