ABodybetty's "Daisy" 1st show appearance, May 7, 2011

-

64dart170

Reaction score
ABB's new 74 Swinger, myself, FABO, and maybe Lump will be making a rare public appearance. It will be Daisy's 1st show. ABB has won awards at this show the past 2 years in a row. I can't figure if she is winning or the car she drives is winning! LOL!

Anyway, it's a really nice small show and everyone who shows up is usually wound for sound due to it being one of the first shows of the season. The last 2 years the weather has been sunny, windy, and cool. ABB and I can usually be found when you go into main viewing area, we are all the way back, last 2 spaces on the right, under the only shade tree! I'll be the guy lounging in the lawn recliner, hat, sunglasses, jacket, acting like I'm asleep, listening to all the skuttlebutt the peeps are talking about when they view our cars.
Maybe I'll have Lump done by then (or at least the fender put back on)

We have contacted our local micro brewery, "Great Crescent Brewery, Aurora IN" and they will be sponsoring our cars anytime we show. Meaning we wear their free t shirts to the shows (color coordinated to match our individual cars but with their logo), they buy our new show signs for our cars with a small ad at bottom thanking them for our sign, and I chat up the brewery anytime someone asks about it. Couple other benefits too like free beer couple times a month!!! Just like me to figure out how to make my car shows pay for themselves (No out of pocket $ showing due to me being broke) getting free car show signs, brewery t-shirts and beer too!:cheers:
(Will this be a new trend at shows? Who knows? But it shouldn't stop you guys from trying it too!!!)

Again, hope to see some of the local FABO peeps there! Stop by and say hi or check FABO for live update feeds day of show.

BEEEE THEEEERRRRRRRE!:cheers:

ABB and myself are inviting FABO to come by and say hi! ABB last year hit a hot spot and was posting on FABO live from the show. This year we will be also posting pics and videos live from the show. Come by and say hi, get your pic took so we can post your mugs too!!!

Nice show, benifits the local Vo-Tech,

8th Annual SCC Car Show
Southeastern Career Center Auto Technicians of Tomorrow
901 West US Hwy 50
Versailles, IN 47042

Saturday May 7th, 2011, See ya there or check this thread for live posts on day of event. LOVE THIS SHOW!! Nice people, great cause!

Rain Date; Saturday May 14th
Need more info for attendance? PM me.8)

Attachments

• 45.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 392
  • 4.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 422
Ok, I guess I will be there if I have to. LOL!!!! I am going to take home that trophy for the best Mopar. I don't think I will be wearing the Crescent Brewery Shirt though. I have my own shirt I have especially for the car show. I think I am going to take the Flip camera and do a broadcast of the car show. If you guys are in the area come check it out. It is a small car show but it is one of my favorites.

Wow!! You guys are going to have to add on to your house for a trophy room!!! Good luck and have fun!! Rog

May try and make it up that way.......

It's close enough, but I can't make May 7, but do you know if the 1st Aurora cruise in on May 5th?

It's close enough, but I can't make May 7, but do you know if the 1st Aurora cruise in on May 5th?

I think so. I thought it was last night but it wasn't. I'll do some sniffin round town today and find out. It's too small of a town to not be able to find that out! LOL...

Wow!! You guys are going to have to add on to your house for a trophy room!!! Good luck and have fun!! Rog

Not even close!
I could always put shelves up on the blank wall in my office where all the others reside! LOL!
Another trophy, probibly, but not the satisfaction of winning one with one of the kids I restored with 1000 hours labor! LOL
But way cool to be able to take a dealer, showroom condition, 74 Swinger there and show it. Daisy still needs new shocks and a carb rebuild B4 show. I'm going to really have to hump on Lump to get it ready by the show. Was always planning to take Fern, but Oh well.....Baby can always go!!!:iconbigg:

Come on down for a weekend visit!
John.8)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 317
About an 1 1/2 hour drive each way for me here in SW Ohio , How many cars usually show and how many Mopars normally show ?
My 68 Cuda is still in progress , But I would drive my Intrepid RT
Donnie

Not even close!
I could always put shelves up on the blank wall in my office where all the others reside! LOL!
Another trophy, probibly, but not the satisfaction of winning one with one of the kids I restored with 1000 hours labor! LOL
But way cool to be able to take a dealer, showroom condition, 74 Swinger there and show it. Daisy still needs new shocks and a carb rebuild B4 show. I'm going to really have to hump on Lump to get it ready by the show. Was always planning to take Fern, but Oh well.....Baby can always go!!!:iconbigg:

Come on down for a weekend visit!
John.8)
:coffee2:It's nice that you have options when it comes to the shows. Right, you always have Baby, but I know you'll never regard her as your last choice. I'm confident you'll make Lump shine like a new nickle :cheers:. . . Hey man, yer making memories!! Thanks for the invite, maybe someday. Tell Lex and Vin hello!:icescrea: Rog

About an 1 1/2 hour drive each way for me here in SW Ohio , How many cars usually show and how many Mopars normally show ?
My 68 Cuda is still in progress , But I would drive my Intrepid RT
Donnie

Normally 100-150 cars, 6 or less MOPAR.
Last year was a rain day, postponed a week and only about 90 cars showed up.
They give top 25 and 1 winner best of each make. If you win a best of, you don't get a second one though for a top 25.
First 25 cars there that day to register will get free T-shirt!
The 67 and 64 together in the pics both beat out the cool green one next to us that year!! There were 2 others we bumped that year too and BOY were they suprised!! They all thought they had our junk beat but somehow the judges scored us with more points...go figure....probibly ABB's figure did it! LOL!!!:iconbigg:

:coffee2:It's nice that you have options when it comes to the shows. Right, you always have Baby, but I know you'll never regard her as your last choice. I'm confident you'll make Lump shine like a new nickle :cheers:. . . Hey man, yer making memories!! Thanks for the invite, maybe someday. Tell Lex and Vin hello!:icescrea: Rog

Lex and Vin say "HEY"

Only reason, Baby has been there before and only won her first year out of 2. She also has 2 toned teal on pass rear quarter from rust repair and her front valance panel and trim got bent on a rock here at home during an incident with the phyco new neighbor. He will pay for that some day after he builds and moves in here!!
Baby is not really ready, and if Lump isn't ready, I'll probibly do what I wanted to last year and show FOTO the car hauler! I could clean up FOTO real quick and put the interior back ALL together instead of only enough to drive daily LOL!!:iconbigg: Have a good one Rog!
John...

Wish I could be there to give ABB a big hug for her Mom but I live too far away! Hope everyone has a great time.

You have to stop and realize that both of you have survived on your own and have done it well. You could drive that van down to that show and enter it and have as much fun. You don't need prizes to make you feel value in your lives, you have each other and friends for that.:cheers: Have fun! Rog

anytime you are in town, let me know! would love to start meeting folks in person. any chance you will be down for beatersville?

You have to stop and realize that both of you have survived on your own and have done it well. You could drive that van down to that show and enter it and have as much fun. You don't need prizes to make you feel value in your lives, you have each other and friends for that.:cheers: Have fun! Rog

Thanks for saying!
Van? What Van?? LOL!!!
Van gone! Sold for money to fix up LeBaron convertable! LMAO!!!:toothy10:
The LeBaron is about 6 days from going up for sale too if I don't get to buy any junk cars by then!!
The rain has completely killed my business. I was hauling more cars in the snow!!8)

Have a great day today!
We'll keep ya posted at the show!

anytime you are in town, let me know! would love to start meeting folks in person. any chance you will be down for beatersville?

Not sure, what & when is beatersville?? (LOL! Almost afraid to ask with that name LMAO!!!:toothy10:) Maybe we can come down for it and visit family too!!:cheers:

How about Fern making a guest apperance?

I had always planned on showing Fern at this show this year and was looking foward to it due to the hours I had involved in her.
Nothing would make me happier than showing next to her!!
Are you going to show her or just drive her down for the show??
Should I save a space in the judging area for you? I am usually one of the first 6 or so cars there in the morning because I want that free T-shirt for first 25 registered!!! LOL!!!
We usually are all the way down on right. Our end of the parking lot doesn't fill up till around the 50th car. After that they start going back around the building in the side lot where you first come in.
Come on down!!
PM me the day before to see if the rain date kicks in for next week due to weather.:clock:

-
Back