AC Clutch bearing question - Dodge Caliber

-

jos51700

Green Bearing thread connoisseur
Reaction score
So, the A/C 'clutch' bearing went out on wife's Caliber. Growly growly but still spinny for the moment. Consulting the service manual reveals that the hub/bearing is serviceable, no need to replace the compressor! Sweet!

I go to buy one....no. Not available unless 'China'. Ugh.

So I ordered it from Arctic Air, and Bill was nice and gave me a good price for what it was, and it's here now and it is a steel pulley instead of plastic, too-hard rubber that smells like degrading rubber, etc, but it look like it will work for the moment.

Does anyone have a source for the original Denso pulley? I don't do a lot of auto A/C stuff.
Thanks in advance!!
John

Not to change the subject but.....
Have you looked at your front or rear cross members?
We have an '07 and an '09.
2009 has only 36,000 miles.
I changed the front brakes getting ready for state inspection. Afterwards I took it for a test ride and knew something was really wrong. I thought I hadn't tightened the lug nuts. Nope. The lower control arm had broken away from the crossmember.
Luckily, there's a 10 year recall warranty and Chrysler fixed it free. This is the car my wife usually drives and if it had broken while she was driving I don't know if she'd have recognized the danger she woulda been in.
Lucky too that it broke in our driveway while it was sitting on jack stands.

image.jpeg

-
Back