Accel Dual point Distributor parts needed !!!

-

SS Lancer

Reaction score
Any specific companies cater to points type ignitions anymore ???
I need racing points and hardware in general for my dual point Accel unit for small block thanks.

Call Accel?

Quite a few years ago I priced replacement parts for my 340 distributor, they were available but $$$$$$!
If you need cap, rotor, points, and condenser, it wasn't much more to buy a complete distributor.
The good news is that I think all their point distributors use the same parts, so you might look for a brand X model and score all the parts you need. My suspicion is these parts are interchangeable with pre-HEI gm stuff.
Points may even fit shoebox chivvies. Please let us know how you make out.

Just for the sake of argument, have just dyno'ed my 383 resto motor. Has standard repo points, cond, coil. Ran it up to 6K several times w/o a hiccup. Do you really need that Accel?

Quite a few years ago I priced replacement parts for my 340 distributor, they were available but $$$$$$!
If you need cap, rotor, points, and condenser, it wasn't much more to buy a complete distributor.
The good news is that I think all their point distributors use the same parts, so you might look for a brand X model and score all the parts you need. My suspicion is these parts are interchangeable with pre-HEI gm stuff.
Thank you that makes sense to have parts coverer many applications I was wondering if Chebby parts from the same era would interchange etc thank you Sir
I guess racing points ### from a Chebby could be used in a Ford or Mopar distributor.

Just for the sake of argument, have just dyno'ed my 383 resto motor. Has standard repo points, cond, coil. Ran it up to 6K several times w/o a hiccup. Do you really need that Accel?
I have many oem custom built
Non vacumm electronic distributors and many chrome racing coils in my collection but to better represent my
Build ( Vintage Super Stock ) I wanted the older stuff from 1967 & older .
U are correct if I was running a Crane fireball cam and some small JC Penny headers reg points would work but im trying to make alot more power than a boulevard cruiser thanks Chris.

20190221_152343.jpg

20190228_225348.jpg

Thank you sir ### im on it im trying to locate some older Accel catalogs and see if part numbers are the same for multiple applications.

Ok, did some digging, try speedway and jets, probably need the numbers off your distributor.
Jegs shows cap and rotor kits, hopefully one will fit yours. I might buy one too!

Ok, did some digging, try speedway and jets, probably need the numbers off your distributor.
Jegs shows cap and rotor kits, hopefully one will fit yours. I might buy one too!
Thank you just bought 3 sets of 42 oz racing points off of Flea bay im on a Horting mission now to fill some crate's up with parts for the future .

I have a Mallory unit I will give u if u want it ####
Im already into the Accel units so I need to give this one to somebody its worth a little work to bring it back to life !!

20190316_165803.jpg

I have a Mallory unit I will give u if u want it ####
Im already into the Accel units so I need to give this one to somebody its worth a little work to bring it back to life !!

Thanks for your offer, the builder of my Challenger used an Accel to trigger an MSD 7 box. Car was built in the early '80s and I'm trying to keep it "as built" as much as I can. Am curious what part number Mallory this is.

Bought 2 this week
New one in the box was $200 the other one complete and it was $75 shipped.

Screenshot_2019-03-16-01-34-54.png

Screenshot_2019-03-19-13-30-43.png

-
Back