Access to Door Hinge Bolt

-

zephyr

Reaction score
I've read the threads regarding how to fix a sagging door on a Dart but cannot figure out how to access the "top bolt" on the driver's side door hinge on my 65 Dart convertible. I've determined there is no play in the hinge, so it just needs to be adjusted up about a quarter inch. Which bolt is it and how do I get access to it? Thanks.

Guess you are looking at moving hinge upwards.if i recall its accessed behind instrument cluster. May not have to pull cluster,its going to be a bear to get a tool on. Maybe if you look at passenger side it will give you an idea what you are looking at.

I've read the threads regarding how to fix a sagging door on a Dart but cannot figure out how to access the "top bolt" on the driver's side door hinge on my 65 Dart convertible. I've determined there is no play in the hinge, so it just needs to be adjusted up about a quarter inch. Which bolt is it and how do I get access to it? Thanks.

There should be 2 bolts that go from the inside of car under the dash, one on the outside for top hinge. There will be access holes to the bolts. A combination of sockets and
extensions and a ratchet will be needed. Loosen those bolts just enough for hinge to move. If door droops, loosen bottom hinge and that will raise door. Don't get stuff to loose
or you will change everything and then it will be a pain. Best to have someone help you so you can tighten bolts where needed. Kick panel will have to be removed for access.

-
Back