Acme headliner Rock Auto

Mopar Interiors

1. Steve Agrella

Steve Agrella Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:16 PM
    I purchased a headliner from Rock Auto the plastic foam backed one in black made by Acme.
    I had it installed 6 months ago, I noticed yesterday the headliner is drooping, I had it installed by a professional, has this happened to anyone else and what might be causing it.
    I paid $250 to have it installed, even if they warranty it I’m screwed, I have a broken neck or I would install it myself.

2. RustyRatRod

RustyRatRod Weenie idiot loser. FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    9:16 PM
    I am sorry about your injury. We all do try to find deals.....but interior parts from Rock Auto? Buying on price alone usually isn't a good idea. I hope you can get a decent resolution.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Syleng1

Syleng1 Karma is real and Life is short... FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      I had my headliner installed and he and a helper came to my shop (extra cost) 3times. Clamp and glue... stretch, clamp and glue and stretch Install the factory covers. Then he had me drive the car over 2 months later to bring it to him to verify all is good.

In other words- inexpensive headliner may not be the issue. I spent $450 for labor and almost 1 year later right as can be.

• Like Like x 1
      • Oldmanmopar

Oldmanmopar Going left turning right FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
        Is your original headliner cloth or cardboard ? what year car did you install it in? By the sound of it they must have glued the foam back material to your existing cardboard. And know it falling down due to improper prep for installation or the wrong glue. I use the foam back on several Omni's and truck's also a 74 Dart. you must clean the surface with thinner thoroughly . And use the correct contact cement , Not trim adhesive, I would say to you if its a glue on, The installer should stand behind what the screwed up.

New pics 450.jpg

DSCF2847.JPG

DSCF2850.JPG

• Steve Agrella

Steve Agrella Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        6:16 PM
        The headliner is the white plastic kind with the foam and material already glued to it, you just install it, it’s a defect from the manufacture the glue they used is not good, as soon as it got warm the glue let go

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.