Adaptors

-

doopdoop67

Reaction score
so I bought some rallyes for my dart 15x6.5. Went and got some 215/60/15 bf Goodrich radials. Came home to mount them and realized I bought the wrong bolt pattern. I thought my car is 5x4 1/2 but it’s 5x4. Has anyone ever used an adapter to go from 5x4 to 5x4 1/2?? Let me know if you have any recommendations. Definitely feeling like a rookie!

C48BCDF7-CFB1-41CB-BCF9-FF6D862CE057.jpeg
so I bought some rallyes for my dart 15x6.5. Went and got some 215/60/15 bf Goodrich radials. Came home to mount them and realized I bought the wrong bolt pattern. I thought my car is 5x4 1/2 but it’s 5x4. Has anyone ever used an adapter to go from 5x4 to 5x4 1/2?? Let me know if you have any recommendations. Definitely feeling like a rookie!

I've used adapters before for a few years on a Dart and didn't have an issue. However, it doesn't come highly recommended. Need to take the tire off and occasionally check that they are staying tight - like re-torqueing aluminum wheels after a 100 miles. That all being said, if I needed, I would use them again. Just not as a long term solution. You could have your axles/drums drilled to 4.5" pattern

I've used adapters before for a few years on a Dart and didn't have an issue. However, it doesn't come highly recommended. Need to take the tire off and occasionally check that they are staying tight - like re-torqueing aluminum wheels after a 100 miles. That all being said, if I needed, I would use them again. Just not as a long term solution. You could have your axles/drums drilled to 4.5" pattern
It’s going to be temporary as I plan on doing a drive train overhaul soon. Thanks for the input buddy.

Part of the problem will be that the adapters will push the wheels out another inch toward the outer body. The wheels and tires may not clear then.
A buddy has a 1970 Dart Swinger with a 340. I sold him a custom set of 15 X 6 rallye wheels with the small bolt pattern. The 235-60-15 tires are really close to the outer wheelhouse edge/lip. The front 215-65-15s are close to the top arch of the wheel opening when turning. Now imagine if those are now an inch further out.....Not good.
A billet adapter can be totally reliable and give zero trouble but you need the clearance to use them. CAST adapters are NOT a good option, the metal is nowhere near as strong as a billet piece.

I ran adapters, no prob but they are said +1 inch track. Could trade those BBP for 5 on 4's pretty easily from someone doing a later disk swap. IIRC the cast AL adapter was part number 01-02 or something like that.

Nothing wrong with adaptors but they'll change the track width which may cause you a fitment issue. Given you wrapped your wheels in skinny pizza cutters you might have a chance at them still fitting.

Personally I'd sell the wheels and just get the right ones.

-
Back