Add 273's, 340's & 360's to the "318 Race" ?

yes, i would enter AND post a pass with...

• Total voters
-
Did you see Yellow Rose's post?? He wanted in so bad last year with his X block, this year he is in and he is worried he'll come up short, so look'n for another car to enter???

C'mon yellow rose........ LOL :poke:

@318willrun Things have not improved for myself. Though the wife’s stable is now at 2. I can not commit. I wouldn’t want to say yes and not show.
Yes I just finally read all of this thread. My ears should have been ringing! I noticed my name quite a few times. I can see rumblefish360 has been a lot of help to LOL
Insert kissing icon—->

Did you see Yellow Rose's post?? He wanted in so bad last year with his X block, this year he is in and he is worried he'll come up short, so look'n for another car to enter???

A gold member now?? Just noticed, witch makes me think how long haven't I noticed?

A gold member now?? Just noticed, witch makes me think how long haven't I noticed?
Been Gold for a couple of months or so.... thanks to another member who decided I deserved a gift ! Thanks Rani :)

Wife's stable is at 2? What's that about?
Daily driver & car #2 below.
That’s were last years car funds went.
3E3C2E93-069E-40CB-B3F1-F46E281EA416.jpeg

You know 318willwin is not the official race master of for a bodies only? (No disrespect intended of course) You can make up your own graph and thread and see if people want to race your Race too? I have a 360 Stroker and I would participate in your race, I can't participate with it in 318willwins.

I dont have the experience to do my own. This will be my 1st year down the track.

Dont even know if my graph holds up, its base on the fact 318willrun thinks about 42 cubes equals .6 ( 360 = -.6 and 273 = +.6 compared to 318).

So I asked the /6 ers a 225 super six baseline to see if it least hold true on the lower end. I got a et of plus 18 for response.

So my graph on cid alone says the 225 will be 1.4 slower so that get us to 17.30.

Now we got to look at the rest of the /6. First the stock head would give lesser performance compared to the stock 318 head everything is based on. I feel since a fully ported /6 head is probably on par with a stock 318 head. I would give a ported /6 head a zero on the point system and probably give a stock /6 head a plus .6.
So that gets us a 17.90 is that close enough or does it need find tuning. Need a /6 expert fine tune the equation. Plus on the super six 2bbl id say its even with the 318 2bbl so zero for that and add plus .1 or .2 for 1bbl ??
For the rest you could probably just use 318willrun penalty box as is .

For stroker its easier forget the minus for 340 and 360 and magnum and in my graph say minus 1.3 for a 408 plus for the the rest use 318willrun penalty box. What does it add to ?? Does it sound right ?? Again need someone with stroker and lots of track time to fine tune it.

My car fits 318willrun requirements so im good lol.

You guys are killing me with all the penalties.

The other car is here at the house. I could have done it last year with that car but just want motivated.

You guys are killing me with all the penalties.

The other car is here at the house. I could have done it last year with that car but just want motivated.
65Vsignet went 12.2 on the 12.2 dial, so the box did him well...??....
Maybe it's in the tune.... :poke:

So if I'm reading this right, these are members that would be serious on making a pass?? There are others that have participated in the polls, but maybe we should start "I'm in" posts if your name isn't already on the list??
  1. DesertRat
  2. 89on35's
  3. dcmilt
  4. 318willrun
  5. 273
  6. DFX Duster
  7. Yellow Rose
  8. 65Vsignet
  9. SSG_Karg
I'm in...I'll be lining up against my son in our stock 99 Dakota R/T...hoping the little wheezer 318 will give the truck a run for it's money...we'll see in the next few weeks. Pics to follow. P.S. I question the indexing and penalty breakdown for 340 based motors when I watch my friend in his 340 Demon run 9.70's... :) daily driver, cast iron heads, no power adders lol...

I'm in...I'll be lining up against my son in our stock 99 Dakota R/T...hoping the little wheezer 318 will give the truck a run for it's money...we'll see in the next few weeks. Pics to follow. P.S. I question the indexing and penalty breakdown for 340 based motors when I watch my friend in his 340 Demon run 9.70's... :) daily driver, cast iron heads, no power adders lol...
Would like to here more info on that combo.

Yeah, the generic penalty box..... somebody may blow it out of the water. But last year, it was a real challenge for the 318 Racers to hit the Dial Index. Well, only 1 did, our winner. I came within 3 tenths. Don't know how it will play out this year. I think if everyone goes through "line by line" and accurately makes every deduction, I think it will keep things pretty honest.
Glad your in!!!!

Plus the system assume you took full advantage of your mods. If you buy a set of performance heads but build a 375 hp engine with 550 hp heads. That can't be accounted for unless everyone is willing to chassis dyno test their car.

Plus the system assume you took full advantage of your mods. If you buy a set of performance heads but build a 375 hp engine with 550 hp heads. That can't be accounted for unless everyone is willing to chassis dyno test their car.
A perfect example is the 318 car I entered last year. I had to subtract .4 for the worked 318 heads. I home ported them with a dremel so they are worked. But, I could have cut them .040, and installed larger valves and got the same penalty but dropped the E.T., and maybe enough for the win. That's why I said earlier, J par's car took all the hits in the box, but didn't fully take advantage of any.. LOL.
  • Remember, this is a fun, entertaining website race using the "honor system". Was never meant to be on the professional circuit. No entrée fee, and nothing to win. Just a simple chart to allow all to compete. It will favor some, not so much others, but truly you could enter a 318 2bbl 4 door Swinger and compete. Just so happened, our fastest car last year did win, but I was the slowest car and came in 2nd. That's all the box was supposed to do, give everyone a chance. :)

You doubting Thomas. Do you need a picture?
Curious, did you go through the penalty box listed in post 62 to see what your Dart Sport would need to run? Even if you don't bother entering, I'd like to know just for curiosity..... thanks

So if I'm reading this right, these are members that would be serious on making a pass?? There are others that have participated in the polls, but maybe we should start "I'm in" posts if your name isn't already on the list??
  1. DesertRat
  2. 89on35's
  3. dcmilt
  4. 318willrun
  5. 273
  6. DFX Duster
  7. Yellow Rose
  8. 65Vsignet
  9. SSG_Karg
I'd like to start making the list of participants. Please post an "I'm in" if your name is not on the list and you want to have fun with us. Thanks.

Curious, did you go through the penalty box listed in post 62 to see what your Dart Sport would need to run? Even if you don't bother entering, I'd like to know just for curiosity..... thanks

I did go through it last year. I'll go back and check again.

Like I said...count me in for the 73 Duster for sure.

I question the indexing and penalty breakdown for 340 based motors when I watch my friend in his 340 Demon run 9.70's... :) daily driver, cast iron heads, no power adders lol...
So I went through the penalty box and did "worst case scenario" for deductions, considering the car was nominal (3300 lbs).
360 magnum bored, big cam, aluminum heads, 4.30 gears, super street converter, manual valve body, blah blah blah.......... in other words taking the biggest hits for every category.
A car like this would have to run 10.80 if it weighed 3300 lbs and was at sea level.
  • Remember, this would be racing in street form (pump gas, tires and exhaust). And remember, street cars can be driven on hot days for 1/2 an hour at 55 mph without an issue, shut off while you run in a store, and restart without an issue.
Somebody might, but i'll be surprised if somebody blows the penalty box out of the water. Out of the four 318 racers last year, only one hit the dial index, nobody was faster. But it very well could happen :) If somebody goes by it by 1.5 - 2 seconds, we'll have to ask why and see what serious performance mod I missed on..... and make changes for 2019 :D

After all, we all could learn something from this......

P.S. - E.T. slip has to be from 2018. Can't post and enter a car that we "used to own" and here is a copy of the e.t. slip from 2006 LOL... :D

Last edited:
-
Back