Added a new A-body to the stable

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I got a call from a good friend of mine the other day and he told me he was at a Mopar friend of his house that had just passed away from diabetes complications at the young age of 57. Well the ex wife was handling his estate and was selling everything for the mans son who lives in Taiwan. The mans name was Bruce and he had a 1972 340 (now a 416) 4speed Duster and a beautiful 1968 Barracuda that Bruce has been building for 10 years and had put a ton of money in during this time. My buddy bought the Duster and after taking the 1 1/2 hour drive to look at the barracuda I knew I had to have it. The car is about 80 percent done and all of the rest of what is needed to finish it was included with the purchase. New 416 stroker engine with Indybrock CNC ported heads, Solid roller cam,Victor intake, Hp 830 Holley,Milidon,MSD ,Wiesco, Eagle,Harland Sharpe. Smith Brothers,TTI headers,Griffin radiator etc. All new in the box. Complete RMS front suspension with Strange coil overs,rack and pinion, Wilwood discs, new tilt steering column, all new Legendary interior( carpet, door panels, seat covers, arm rest and bezels,etc.
New CRT manual valve body complete 727 with a 3000 stall coverter, SS rear springs, new Randy's 489 3.91 SG 8 3/4 rear,Weld wheels new drag radials. Custom ralley Autometer gauge dash . Fiberglass hemi hood. And on and on. It's hard to believe just how much money the man spent! I do have several folders with receipts. Paint and body work is all completed including the undercarriage (car was on a rotisserie) Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

• 1968 Barracuda.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 828
  • 1968 Barracuda-2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 822
  • 1968 Barracuda-3.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 812
  • 1968 Barracuda-4.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 789
  • My new 68 Barracuda-1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 762
  • My new 68 Barracuda-6.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 753
  • My new 68 Barracuda-4.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 773
  • My new 68 Barracuda-5.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 787
Neato car, Roy. I am sure you will do it justice.

Nice mustang stripes... :)

Good looking car Roy. Should be another to keep you more than busy.

Doesn't matter what you paid. You wanted it, and it looks great !

The truth is I paid 10K for it. I also received a ton of receipts and paper work with it.
The receipt for the RMS front suspension was $5500.00, One for the short block and build was $3700.00, One for the CNC ported Indybrock heads was $3500.00. That is $12,700 right there. But what sold me on it right off was the Paint and body work being done. And the bottom side is as pretty as the top.
Now if I can just get rid of that money pit 1968 Dart I'd really be a happy camper. I'll make someone a hell of a deal?

I was wondering what was going to happen to his cars he was a friend of mine and many others here, he was a Mopar lover thru n thru and sadly missed by our group. He built his Duster years ago and it was a very nice car all tho in the last few years it was starting to show it's age, the Barracuda was purchased years ago because his mother had one when he was growing up he had been looking for quite some time it came out of a collection [a hoard] that either a family aquintence or distant relative had it took him years to even get in the barns to see what they had. According to him this guy has 2 barns one full of complete Barracudas and Cudas parked side by side like cord wood everything from 64-74 [some rare ones in the mix] the second barn is stocked to the rafters with parts [interiors,body parts,engines 225s-Hemis, transmissions ect.] I never saw the car you purchased but he talked of it and its progress when we hung out. I'm glad to see these cars went to a good home where they will be taken care of congrats to you both. Just a side note almost everything that was done to the Barracuda and the Duster was done by Bruce, the paint and body on your car was done by him in that little garage [as was told to me by him].

I was wondering what was going to happen to his cars he was a friend of mine and many others here, he was a Mopar lover thru n thru and sadly missed by our group. He built his Duster years ago and it was a very nice car all tho in the last few years it was starting to show it's age, the Barracuda was purchased years ago because his mother had one when he was growing up he had been looking for quite some time it came out of a collection [a hoard] that either a family aquintence or distant relative had it took him years to even get in the barns to see what they had. According to him this guy has 2 barns one full of complete Barracudas and Cudas parked side by side like cord wood everything from 64-74 [some rare ones in the mix] the second barn is stocked to the rafters with parts [interiors,body parts,engines 225s-Hemis, transmissions ect.] I never saw the car you purchased but he talked of it and its progress when we hung out. I'm glad to see these cars went to a good home where they will be taken care of congrats to you both. Just a side note almost everything that was done to the Barracuda and the Duster was done by Bruce, the paint and body on your car was done by him in that little garage [as was told to me by him].

Wow I wonder if that 'cuda barn is still full, or if it's been sold off already. I'm sure many here would love to know as well.

According to Bruce this guy is very querky and swore he would not sell anything like i said it took years to get in and several more to convince him to sell one!!!!

This is good to know. Bruce and I live about 40 miles apart and I thought I knew pretty much all the Mopar guys in my area, but I don't think we ever met. A good friend of mine bought the 72 Duster and was a good friend of Bruces. He had gone to his house and did a lot of the things for Bruce that he couldn't do for himself any longer, mainly because of his size. I understand Bruce was a very large fellow! The fact that he did all this work to the Barracuda in that tiny single car garage is amazing! Mike (who bought the Duster) had gone to his house and pulled the 340 and 4 speed out of the Duster about 6 months ago because it had hydraulic clutch problems. Well now the motor was froze so Mike took it apart. the engine had water in 3 cylinders and the walls are toast. I had no idea he had friends on FABO. Was he a member here?

No i don't think he was which is funny because his trade was computer repair I.T. stuff, as i said he was a regular at checkers long ago,he was a caretaker for his mother and when she was in rehab he would join us on Fridays, after she passed he dropped out of site [i suppose he took it hard] he had the Barracuda then so he must have been working on that during that time,i knew the duster had a trans issue because he had a hell of a time getting reverse he said " i would like to fix the clutch but with the overdrive unit and my size i can't get under the damn thing" he was a big guy not tall just girth.

-
Back