• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
-

Matts440

Reaction score
My question to all seeing what you all think. With the Ritter blocks and I think the r3 blocks have extra bolt holes on the China wall and rear wall as well, see pictures. Should I use them and bolt through the made gaskets? I am running this block with magnum heads and a super victor intake, heads were redrilled to la style bolt pattern.

20180514_200420.jpg

20180514_200445.jpg

Last edited:
Don't they have a valley plate, and the intake is separate?

If your running a W head and intake yes, forgot to write in I'm using magnum heads and a super victor intake, heads were redrilled to la style bolt pattern.

With the LA style Super Victor intake, just treat it like an LA block. Fill the holes with silicone, then lay a continous bead accross it right before setting the intake in place.
Is there a build thread on this one? Very intrigued by the combo.

Okay just thought of maybe just utilizing those bolts holes help keep the gaskets in place. I do have a build thread its the 67 twin turbo dart one. Well the gap is a tiny bit larger compared to stock since I have a 9.6 deck, have 1/4" gasket material to make some new gaskets for these areas.

In that case, maybe just make a couple flat steel or aluminum sapcers and use countersunk screws to attach them to the block with anerobic sealer. That way they can stay on the block, nice and clean, if the intake comes off for any reason.

I like the idea, might just use the holes to attach the gasket to the block with the sunken bolts, and use a thin coat except for on the bolts of silicone to help seal the intake down. Thanks Bobzilla

Was just thinking it might look cool and something different with some black arp bolts there to match the other bolts.

Last edited:
I don't think I would try holding just gasket material in place with place with bolts. Nit sure those bolts would remain secure, and you don't want them backing out and pushing up on the intake.

True, thats why i was thinking about the bolt through, but it's not like I can go to tight on the valley cover part on that I take.

Use spacer,sealant and bolt through all. then safety wire bolt heads together. wont back out and looks racy.

-
Back