Adjustable brake pedal to master cyl rod.

Brakes for your Classic Mopar

1. 64X2

64X2 Mohel at your service.

Local Time:
    7:13 PM
    Does anybody make one that that fits a 64 dart. I converted it to a 69 style master cyl and reused the rod from the old master cyl. The rod just doesn't seem to have enough length to full seat the piston in the master cyl. Brake feel great solid the pedal travel is way to much.

2. 70aarcuda

70aarcuda Master Hoader of SBM FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    4:13 PM
  3. BillGrissom

BillGrissom Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:13 PM
    Is the rod bottoming out in the MC bore? If so, too much pedal travel is probably from air bubbles in the fluid. Did you fully bleed the MC itself? A manual rod should have a rubber bushing at the end to secure it in the MC piston.

4. 64X2

64X2 Mohel at your service.

Local Time:
    7:13 PM
    The rod doesn't full seat in the bore. When I assembled everything and installed it, that's when I discover that the rod seemed to short, if I seat it all the way in the bore it creates more than factory allowed play in the pedal. In other words the pedal has to travel at least a inch or two before it seat the rod fully into the bore, creating not enough pedal travel to give me enough stroke. I power bleed the system and bench bleed the master cyl.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.