Adjustable Rockerarms that Fit Under Factory Valve Covers?

-

scatpackbee

Reaction score
Hello Fellow FABOers,

I’m fairly new to the big block scene.

Can someone please tell me which adjustable rocker arms and shafts will fit inside a factory ‘68 383 valve cover?

It doesn’t have to be roller tip.

Is there a 273 style adjustable rocker arm made for the 383?

Thank you!

They all fit. You might have to tap in the baffles for the fill holes just a touch, but they work just fine. You can also buy thicker gaskets.

Tom

My suggestion is to run double gaskets. That is what I used with iron 1.6 ratio rockers and 1.450" smith adjusters

On a small block, I used the Comp Magnum rockers with both stock 360 valve covers and the MP chrome covers. A small block, I know, but I would suspect both would fit and work.

Hello Fellow FABOers,

I’m fairly new to the big block scene.

Can someone please tell me which adjustable rocker arms and shafts will fit inside a factory ‘68 383 valve cover?

It doesn’t have to be roller tip.

Is there a 273 style adjustable rocker arm made for the 383?

Thank you!
No much of a BB guy. But I know mopar made some cast rockers for some apps. My friend had them on his 413 '62 300. But I can't say they came stock on that particular app. Maybe on the early HP 383's, or RB Stage cars, or some long ram 300 letter cars. I think Isky made some, too.

Max Wedge Cast Iron or Isky Adjustable rockers
Similiar design to small block but way stronger.
Beware of new Chinese Junk rollers particularly
in a streetcar!
You should be able to find a nice low mileage set for 300 to 375!
Complete with spacers and shafts!
Let me know if you want me to look?

Well, I decided to have a look inside my valve covers and much to my amazement I have roller tip rockers and under my factory valve covers too.

They look very similar to the Mancini Harland Sharp ones.

Hopefully they just need adjustment.

Thank you to all that replied.

B1A3377E-68BE-4313-9684-2244D2EFBDB9.jpeg

-
Back