AEM Wideband sensor replacement

Electrical and Ignition

1. Kendog 170

Kendog 170 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:16 PM
    Hi All,
    My AEM wideband O2 sensor has shit the bed. I first have to dig out my paperwork to see if it uses the 4.2(Earlier) or 4.9 sensor. My question is AEM want over $100 for their sensor. They show them on Ebay for around $38 free shipping. Just curious if anyone has been down this road and how did things work out.
    Thanks

2. Kendog 170

Kendog 170 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Well I found a ground came off my Gauge. But the issue I was having before and now that is it reads 14.6 most all the time sometime 14.3 . It's a 4.9 sensor. Is there a way to reset the system? I only monitor O2 for Carb tuning.

3. dusted

dusted FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    I have the same AEM wideband and mine uses the 4.9 sensor. Mine was stuck at 14.7 and my sensor was bad. I bought replacement from amazon. Just bought a sensor, it was $38 I believe. There are some good videos on how to check it before you declare it bad. The new sensor cured my issue and it has been working so far, 2 months or so.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.