Aerohead 360 heads...any good?

-

d100clubcab

Reaction score
http://www.aeroheadracing.com/chrysler.html

ARO-CY-SB318 1968-1987 318 A Engine heads. 1.88 x 1.60 Stainless valves (2.02 intake valve not available) 67-70 CC open chamber design. .509" lift springs

Anybody ever use those heads?
Trying to get a stock daily driver back on the road.
$400 doesn't seem too bad.
It will be $275 plus some cores (and valves and springs and...) to get some pick-a-parts up to snuff.

I think the heads would be good but I hear lots of negative things of indy's tech support and quality of workmanship .

I custom order the heads to my specks and after 4 sets have only had 1 problem. the exhaust side of 1 head being to rusted to seal the exhaust gasket .I tore the head down and took it to a machine shop and had it resurfaced ,but they only wanted to pay 20dollars of the 60 labor charge .but there work was good

I'm running a set on my truck 360. Machine shop wanted about as much to do a valve job on my old heads. I spent $50 more for the 2.02 intake valves. No problems yet and it's been drove hard. Pretty surprised at the set I got after hearing all the negative stuff on the good ole interweb. Disassembled them and gasket matched the ports. The bowls needed some work where the 2.02s were cut in. I'd planned on smooting the bowls anyway so no biggie. Valve job and machine work turned out pretty decent. Tops of guides were machined to clear the retainers even though I'll never have enough cam to need it. Valve spring installed height was dead on. All in all I've been happy with them, especially for the money. I'd buy from them again even though I wasn't overly impressed with the salesman on the phone.

Almost bought a set some years ago. But did not since I heard nothing but bad customer service. Never anything bad about the work. So may consider at some point eho knows.

-
Back