Aeromotive gen 2 stealth tank

-

swifty

Reaction score
Been looking at going EFI on 72 dart swinger with an la 360. Car is strictly for street. I have been leaning toward the holley sniper. I was looking at a tanks inc. in tank setup and came across this. It looks like a good setup. I like that it is assemblied and ready to go. I also like the fuel connections are suppose to be in stock location.

Aeromotive Gen II Stealth Fuel Tanks 18144

My question is how much pump capacity do I need? This one is 200lph. There is a 340 lph model. And does anyone know if this has for a vent? Any experience with this? I think it just become available.

Last edited:
Found a video on Aeromotives site for an install of their Stealth 200lph on a 71 Swinger. Looks to have a vent on the pump but I'm not sure if the all-in-one pump/tank kit is the same. Would probably be a good idea to call and ask them.

Been looking at going EFI on 72 dart swinger with an la 360. Car is strictly for street. I have been leaning toward the holley sniper. I was looking at a tanks inc. in tank setup and came across this. It looks like a good setup. I like that it is assemblied and ready to go. I also like the fuel connections are suppose to be in stock location.

Aeromotive Gen II Stealth Fuel Tanks 18144

My question is how much pump capacity do I need? This one is 200lph. There is a 340 lph model. And does anyone know if this has for a vent? Any experience with this? I think it just become available.

It does look like it vents through the pump. The video shows a different top of pump versus the summit picture and it is vented in the video.
I have the Tanks Inc that I am running with the Holley sniper and it is vented through the pump and the tank also. I think you'd be fine with the 200lph pump, it should be more than enough for your 360.

Last edited:
Talked to someone from tech support at aeromotive. Vent will be in the same spot as factory tank. Supply and return will be in the same spot as factory also. They are not shipping product yet for the dart so he did not know what fitting will be on the supply and return. Not sure how the vent will be for pre 72 with multiple vents, I forgot to ask. He probably did not know because he did not see an actual tank yet and did not have a spech sheet. He just said they should have them soon but did not say when.

Talked to someone from tech support at aeromotive. Vent will be in the same spot as factory tank. Supply and return will be in the same spot as factory also. They are not shipping product yet for the dart so he did not know what fitting will be on the supply and return. Not sure how the vent will be for pre 72 with multiple vents, I forgot to ask. He probably did not know because he did not see an actual tank yet and did not have a spech sheet. He just said they should have them soon but did not say when.
Will be curious to see what it looks like. There going to have to have a different pump design if the are going to have the pump or fuel/return connections in the front of the tank like the factory. Sender will need to be figured out too.
I wouldn’t get to hung up on factory connections. Unless you have 3/8 fuel line or bigger and a return you’ll be running new ones for the Sniper unit. If you do have them them you’re within 6 inches with the tanks inc if you go that way.

Found a video on Aeromotives site for an install of their Stealth 200lph on a 71 Swinger. Looks to have a vent on the pump but I'm not sure if the all-in-one pump/tank kit is the same. Would probably be a good idea to call and ask them.

Is Stealth pump simply a cost savings thing?

Aside from the Summit link the OP listed, here's the link to the part on Aeromotive's site (this is probably the correct part number):

’70-’76 Dart/Duster Stealth Fuel Tank – Aeromotive, Inc

Aside from the Summit link the OP listed, here's the link to the part on Aeromotive's site (this is probably the correct part number):

That is the gen 1 tank the gen 2 is part number 18144. It is less money and has fuel hookups in stock location, supposedly.

That is the gen 1 tank the gen 2 is part number 18144. It is less money and has fuel hookups in stock location, supposedly.

Really? Oh, I didn't know that. I don't see that part on the Aeromotive site though. Is it not released yet or something? Well, I guess it has to be if Summit is selling them, but looks like the ship date is not until almost middle of October.

One of the things that have prevented me from going EFI is the cost and the cost of that "Gen 1" is freaking high!! But from what I have read from others that have gone with either FiTech or Holley Sniper, the in-tank pump solution is the BEST way to go. Fewer problems.

Well, I guess it has to be if Summit is selling them, but looks like the ship date is not until almost middle of October.
Summit is taking pre orders but not shipping yet. The automotive tech I talked to said they have not received the dart tanks yet.

-
Back