AFB carb # application?

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have afew good parts I need to list. Can someone look up the application for a carte 625 afb # 9626 sa I believe,... the second digit is hard to read.

Aftermarket 625 cfm AFB, Mopar throttle arm. I believe it was calibrated for a 383.
Thanks for the info. I got it of friend that had it on a restored b body , it was running, clean, but has sat for 2 years. I guess worth what ever, but I am thinking $125 plus postage. Or trade for goats and chickens!

Just looked it up. Certified emissions 625 cfm carb for 1971 383 with stock intake and dual exhaust.

Aftermarket 625 cfm AFB, Mopar throttle arm. I believe it was calibrated for a 383.
Just looked it up. Certified emissions 625 cfm carb for 1971 383 with stock intake and dual exhaust.
It was a aftermarket carb with the Chrysler throttle arm for ease of installation by Federal Mougal capable for emission vehicles. Certified for a 383 or not, it was for any engine needing to pass emissions. Rejetting the carb was probably mandatory on any engine.

Years back I had a Govier book with all the part #'s, but I lost it after a few decades. . This carb looked like an OEM with # to me, I will get pics and post it. Thanks all.

IIRC a 5 at the end was a manual choke, a 6 was a electric and a 7 was ford KD? also the 3rd number was EGR, like 9605 was non EGR while 9625 was EGR? YMMV.

-
Back