after 20+ years of wanting one i got mine...

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
some long time members may know i have an affection for 64 valiants.. have had three over the years and always wanted a convertible one...

before i bought my 65 D100 last year i was planning on going to look at this car. the seller (a friend of mine) backed out before i could look at it..

so fast forward to last friday.. he contacts me on facebook and asks if i'm still interested in it.. i say sure i'll come look at it..

looked at it tuesday. its as describes.. quarters full of bondo, floors need a little work but the trunk is solid, frame looks solid and the int is good.. 318 4 speed with a 7 1/4 rear...

almost passed on it because of how bad the quarters are but we agreed on what i thought was a real good price so i grabbed it.. picked it up tonight..

so i'm not too sure what i'll do with it now that i have it.. think the first thing i'll do is get it running and make sure its safe.. then i think i'll just drive the **** out of it. maybe i'll sell it or trade it for something who knows. not sure i'll ever fix the body. it needs a lot. be cheaper to buy a cleaner one.. but it will be nice driving and parking it anywhere and not worrying about it..

DSC_0021.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0031.JPG

DSC_0032.JPG

Thats a cute little convertible. Make it safe and enjoy!
I agree, a nice red wheel would look better.

some long time members may know i have an affection for 64 valiants.. have had three over the years and always wanted a convertible one...

before i bought my 65 D100 last year i was planning on going to look at this car. the seller (a friend of mine) backed out before i could look at it..

so fast forward to last friday.. he contacts me on facebook and asks if i'm still interested in it.. i say sure i'll come look at it..

looked at it tuesday. its as describes.. quarters full of bondo, floors need a little work but the trunk is solid, frame looks solid and the int is good.. 318 4 speed with a 7 1/4 rear...

almost passed on it because of how bad the quarters are but we agreed on what i thought was a real good price so i grabbed it.. picked it up tonight..

so i'm not too sure what i'll do with it now that i have it.. think the first thing i'll do is get it running and make sure its safe.. then i think i'll just drive the **** out of it. maybe i'll sell it or trade it for something who knows. not sure i'll ever fix the body. it needs a lot. be cheaper to buy a cleaner one.. but it will be nice driving and parking it anywhere and not worrying about it..

View attachment 1715021076

View attachment 1715021077

View attachment 1715021078

View attachment 1715021079

View attachment 1715021080

View attachment 1715021081

View attachment 1715021082

View attachment 1715021083

View attachment 1715021084

View attachment 1715021085
NICE!!! I had a 65 once and it wasn't that nice!

When I first saw this thread title I thought the OP was talking about a full release oil massage.

When I first saw this thread title I thought the OP was talking about a full release oil massage.
think I`d fix it up for a driver. how about a red lace on steering wheel cover? I want a long roof like it . a guy cant find crap around here in the rust belt.

What a GREAT looking little V8 convertible!!! Cute little Mopar. I love it. Good score, and I hope you keep it for a long time, drive it a lot, and fix the rust as you enjoy it for years. I don't see how anyone, Mopar lover or not, could look at that car and not see the character!

Btw, I had a '67 D100, which would look identical to a '65 (65 thru 67 which I'm sure you already know). Mine was a shortbed, stepside, poly 318, three-on-the-tree. Would love to have one again some day. It was actually my first car at 16. $150. It was rotting out on some dudes side yard.

What a GREAT looking little V8 convertible!!! Cute little Mopar. I love it. Good score, and I hope you keep it for a long time, drive it a lot, and fix the rust as you enjoy it for years. I don't see how anyone, Mopar lover or not, could look at that car and not see the character!

Btw, I had a '67 D100, which would look identical to a '65 (65 thru 67 which I'm sure you already know). Mine was a shortbed, stepside, poly 318, three-on-the-tree. Would love to have one again some day. It was actually my first car at 16. $150. It was rotting out on some dudes side yard.

the d100's are cool old trucks aren't they.. had o go three hours away to find a decent one.. i can't believe how much attention the thing gets. it is also a poly 318. also has the dash shifter for the auto trans.. mine is a long bed though.. short beds are hard to find anymore.. love to have a 4 door one.. they are cool as hell but got real expensive..

DSC_0016_1.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

Congratulations Joe , do one more thing for me please, the tail pipes need to be lost I think , nice early A for sure :thumbsup:

Congratulations Joe , do one more thing for me please, the tail pipes need to be lost I think , nice early A for sure :thumbsup:
tail pipes and long shackles gotta go !-----I DIDN`T WANTY TO SAY IT.

lol. those tips are horrible..lol plan on pulling them right away.. it came with new stock style shackles too so they will be changed out too..

I know where there's a 63 parts car. Missing passenger fender, grille, and hood. Has a /6 in it. Guy is asking $500 - not sure if people need parts. Interior is all there, as well as the pushbutton tranny and all covert parts

That is cute as hell. Love it. You deserve to enjoy it.

-
Back