After market air & heat

-

KB9GIB

Reaction score
Any idea on aftermarket air and heat on 72 Demon? was a factory air car. was going to use classic air but it’s just for none air cars any help and photos would help thanks in advance. KB9GIB

There are slimline units that have AC and heat with some units also have defrost. I’ll try and find the link when I get home

I went with classic auto air and mine is an AC car. You can put them in an AC car, you just need to be creative with the firewall area and make some block off plates.
For the heater control, you can make that work too or swap in some controls from a non AC car. Im going with the later since I had one on hand.
Other than that the rest of the kit should be a bolt on deal.

Classic makes a nice AC upgrade kit for underhood that hooks to the factory evaporator if you still have it under the dash. Sanden compressor, all new lines and condenser. 134R

Classic makes a nice AC upgrade kit for underhood that hooks to the factory evaporator if you still have it under the dash. Sanden compressor, all new lines and condenser. 134R
I wished I done more research I really didn’t know the blower motor holes was different sizes we just got it off the rotisserie and I welded up the original air conditioner line holes and painted the engine bay so maybe some will send some pictures of their firewall to give me ideas. Would it be worth cutting a non air car firewall and section it into my sons car? Thanks for all your help. KB9GIB

I wished I done more research I really didn’t know the blower motor holes was different sizes we just got it off the rotisserie and I welded up the original air conditioner line holes and painted the engine bay so maybe some will send some pictures of their firewall to give me ideas. Would it be worth cutting a non air car firewall and section it into my sons car? Thanks for all your help. KB9GIB
So if I'm understanding, you welded up the line holes but left the blower motor hole? If so, theres someone on here that made a plate to fit the aftermarket under dash box to the AC firewall.

Yes I welded up the heater&air conditioner holes as I new they used the blower motor location for them to exit through the fire wall I just didn’t catch they are two different sizes heater fan sizes. I’ll have to check out vintage air. And the person that sells the adapter plat. Thanks

-
Back