Aftermarket Steering Column?

-

Ricks70Duster340

Child of the King
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My OE column is in ruff shape so was looking at an aftermarket one. I have a '70 Duster with manual steering. The original column was column shift but I put in a floor shifter. I also had PS but went to manual, so the OE column has an adapter to lengthen it.

Biggest issue I've found is the aftermarket columns apparently do not allow for OE style steering wheels. I have a nice rally wheel that I don't want to give up. Have any of you gone to aftermarket but been able to keep your OE wheel?

Call Flaming River, I think they will do custom columns. There was an article somewhere, where they made a 66-67 B-Body column to retain the stock steering wheel. I'll see if I can find it.

There's a member here selling a '71-2 column for a floor shift and manual steering.

My OE column is in ruff shape so was looking at an aftermarket one. I have a '70 Duster with manual steering. The original column was column shift but I put in a floor shifter. I also had PS but went to manual, so the OE column has an adapter to lengthen it.

Biggest issue I've found is the aftermarket columns apparently do not allow for OE style steering wheels. I have a nice rally wheel that I don't want to give up. Have any of you gone to aftermarket but been able to keep your OE wheel?
Flaming River has a tuff wheel adapter. However, I’m confirming tomorrow it only comes in polished only, no black option.

-
Back