ahhh. finially seats... :)

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
well been looking at bucket seats for a while now. decided early on that $400 for a stock style bucket seat that needs foam and covers was stupid money to end up with a stock non-reclining no lumbar seat.

ended up seeing a set of seats i liked in totally autos power tour cuda. dave told me they were ProCar by scat and were very very comfortable. so thats what i started looking at. he had the elite seats which i was going to get until i saw the elite lumbar on scats web site. i thought they looked alot better for my car. been saving for a while to buy them and every time i got close something came up and i had to spend my seat money. well 3 weeks ago i fiunally ordered them and recieved them yesterday. todat i put the tracks and mounts on n the morning and when i picked up tyler from school he gave me a hand swaping the seats. couldn't have taken much more then an hour to do. they fit nice and seem to be a very nice quality.

the color was a major decision. went back and forth between black and the tan. decided on the tan and am glad i did. they look great (atleast to me) in the yellow car. gonna have to dye my back seat until i get the time and money to have it covered to mach the fronts.

now the baby seat actually fits in the back seat. so rylee had her first ride in the car :)

really wanted to do the carpet but that still need to flatten out and i have to fix a few little spots in the floor and pull the shifter to do all that so it will way till atleast the end of may. i still have a few things i want to do befor the OC show.

seats001.jpg

seats002.jpg

seats020.jpg

seats003.jpg

seats006.jpg

seats007.jpg

seats009.jpg

beefy brackets to mount them to a dart floor. had to order them separately

seats012.jpg

here is the sliders that came with the seats.

seats008.jpg

tacks all bolted on.

seats011.jpg

tracks and floor mounts bolted up..

seats013.jpg

seats014.jpg

seats015.jpg

seats017.jpg

seats018.jpg

so i pulled the rug back. cut slots out of the insulation i had put down when i did the carper in the mid 90's.

seats037.jpg

there are four little dimples in the floor where a stock bucket would bolt. i marked the dimples and lined the seats up over them.

the drivers bracked landed dead on all four dimples so thats where it was drilled.

the passengers side bracket lined up on the dimples closer to the door. the other two holes were about an inch closer to the floor hump then stock seats would be. no big deal though.

hard to see but i marked the dimples.

seats038.jpg

here is how far the passenger side holes were.

seats043.jpg

so when we finished i took the car to the streetrod store to show stan and craig. i bought them there and told them i would. they were curious to see them. man what a difference. no more bouncing like on a trampoline when you hit a bump..lol and man with them reclined a little they are so comfortable. i thought they may seem to sit a little high but craig and stan sat in it and thought they were fine. guess i'm just used to the saggy bench seat. i can lower them if i want since i put them on the highest holes on the brackets. gonna drive it some more and see how i get used to it. man are they nice though. well worth waiting 3 weeks for them..

Looks like they fit in there nicely. Got to feel good driving down the road now.

Cool. I have been pondering the set thing too. Like you, I have a hard time swallowing the price for seats, then foams, then covers. Ouch. At this point, I think the car will go back together with the bench.

Glad you like them. I'll file that away in my brain. :)

um

i hope you dont mind me asking

but i looked at there site and it doesnt say prices

howmuch was your kit?

Personally would have chose black myself but to each his own. Nice seats though... they do look VERY comfy

um

i hope you dont mind me asking

but i looked at there site and it doesnt say prices

howmuch was your kit?

the seats were about $325 each and $70 for the mounting kit. don't get them strait from scat though. they will be more.

Personally would have chose black myself but to each his own. Nice seats though... they do look VERY comfy

i hear ya. i went back and forth between black and tan and in the end i was just tired of all black int. i'm really happy with the way the tan looks. looks just like i wanted it to.. once i add some more tan to tie it all together it will look awesome.

Nice seats. Did you need spacers under some corners to level them and keep the tracks from binding ? I always look through to back window to see if they are straight ,especially high backs . With original seats in used cars this view will show where a fat person sat.
I'm sure you've looked at that blue bench look enough that any color buckets would an improvement. :)
The tan is a great base color for dyeing if you should decide to change them later on. Happy moparing

i didn't put any spacers anywhere. looking they almost seem to tilt to the center of the car but i'm not sure. they feel straight when sitting in them. i'll leave them like they are and if i think they are leaning then i'll tweak them like you said.

yea that was the other thing with the tan. if i decided i didn't like it they would be easy to dye. and your right after the ripped up blue crap purple seats that wern't all ripped would have looked great..lol

Damn ABJ, sure you want to get rid of the blue bench for those!! lol!! Those look great and I am sure they will make the cruise season way better, enjoy. I also like the color, expesially when you do the back to match.

I like the look of your new seats. Quality wise I also think the seats you have are some of the better ones I have seen. Nice choice.

Man, I was looking at these seats in your post and they look really familiar...then it hit me...they remind me allot of the E30 BMW Sport seats like these:

Nice.
-Jon

d6_1_b.JPG

I was checking out some Sebring leather buckets at the boneyard and they looked similar,they wanted $40 each.They were electric though so passed.Yours look sharp and comfy!Time for the back now.

-
Back