Air cleaner for magnum swap with factory EFI

-

Truckie

Reaction score
Curious what anyone else doing a swap like this has used for an air cleaner and not had to cut the hood. I working with a 67 dart and although I haven’t set the hood on yet, I think it the air cleaner is going to be too tall. I have a metal air cleaner from a 93 magnum and the recto plastic one from a 99. I think the plastic is actually taller. I’m hoping I don’t have to cut the hood, at least not right away.

Curious what anyone else doing a swap like this has used for an air cleaner and not had to cut the hood. I working with a 67 dart and although I haven’t set the hood on yet, I think it the air cleaner is going to be too tall. I have a metal air cleaner from a 93 magnum and the recto plastic one from a 99. I think the plastic is actually taller. I’m hoping I don’t have to cut the hood, at least not right away.
Spectre makes this one that should work. I believe some jeeps had a low profile hat too that you might find in the bone yard. You could then use an inline air filter. I will try and find that part and post it.
air hat spectre.jpeg

inline air.jpeg

Holley makes an air cleaner base for their Sniper. Has a 1" (I think) drop to it. Brings the total height of the air cleaner down. I assume it would work with other brand EFI's.

You can get the whole assembly, with Holley logo if you are using a Sniper. Or, you can just get the base and put another top on it.

Magnum Durango, Dakota and maybe others (Jeep GC?) air bonnet, hose and a remote filter- use a cone shaped Spectra/K&N/EBay or whatever filter mounted wherever it suits you. "Boneyard Cheap".
OIP.nnMw6NRvLJV4hcpDiHOgHgHaFj?w=288&h=216&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.1&pid=1.jpg

Surprise, surprise. The hood closed just fine with the 93 magnum round air cleaner.

-
Back