-
Status
Not open for further replies.

73SwingerBuild

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
Does anybody have a 1/4", 3/8", and/or 1/2" carb-to-air cleaner spacer laying around? I believe the diameter would need to be ~5-1/8". Needs to fit a Holley 3310 series carb.

My Spectre Performance drop-base air cleaner interferes with my jegs throttle linkage return springs. Yes, I know that putting a spacer will eliminate some of the clearance gained from a drop base air cleaner, but it's a 1-3/4" drop and should still leave enough room for the 3" filter element (fingers crossed).

Let me know what you have or how any of you solved the issue.

Thanks FABO.

-Mike

Thank you for the response.

Unfortunately, they don't have anything less than 1/2" from what I can see. Optimally looking for a little less than 1/2", as they are not easy to evenly cut down.

Hummm there 1/4 inch unit is listed but it appears to be out of stock? I'm guessing? Try Jegs or other places. Good luck.

5-1/8" PVC pipe!? They make that size? I'll have to check it out. If not, maybe Jegs.

Otherwise, I'll just keep stacking carb to air cleaner gaskets until its high enough to not interfere lol.

Thanks guys.

if all ya need is 1/4 " stand in the center of the air cleaner base and pull up evenly on the edges or put blocks of wood around the edges and step gently into the center to bend it that Lil' bit

It's designed with a stepped ridge that bends over at a 90* angle and goes straight down to where it sits on the carb.

Good idea though. Thanks.

Edit- You got me thinking, That might work! Different approach needed, but the principle applies. That metal should bend pretty easily.

Thanks!

if that dont work I have a spacer kit I sell, them plastic things arent too reliable so for litle space I bend the base, not the best at typin out how to change the shape of metal but I try :) let us know how it turns out,

I just took some old brake line and bent it around into a big old circle...because my factory air cleaner wouldn't clear my Holley carb...cost me nothing and gained me that needed 1/4" or so.

Paul

Waggin, you are a gentlemen and a scholar. I laid the air cleaner base right-side up on my garage floor, took a rubber mallet and gently massaged the inner rings that sits on the carb. Worked like a charm. The air cleaner sits just above the field of motion of the carb return springs linkage.

Thanks again FABO!

Simplicity is a good thing :)
Waggin, you are a gentlemen and a scholar. I laid the air cleaner base right-side up on my garage floor, took a rubber mallet and gently massaged the inner rings that sits on the carb. Worked like a charm. The air cleaner sits just above the field of motion of the carb return springs linkage.

Thanks again FABO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back