Air filters in stock

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
I did some searching and I have found that o reileys stocks a lot of air filters for old applications.

Wix

42011 fits in a round slant air cleaner 62- 9 - in stock

42043 fits a number of 60s air cleaners with the base plate and over lid. - in stock

42044 fits 70+ dual snorkel units - can be overnighted also interchanges with Fram CA 305

I wonder what else they fit to justify still being in stock

They fit Chevy cars.

We're just lucky they "also" fit ours.......

I think on the wix brand you can just add a "R" to the end of the part number for the race air cleaner. They usually have the 14 inch in stock.

WIX race air cleaners suck dead elephant balls on the street. They are very high flow and non filtering. They also do not hold up well, because the filter media is extremely fragile. So much so, that repeated street use will have your engine choking on filter media sucked from the filter. Ask me how I know. I have two good reasons. 1) I work at O'Reilly. 2) I had a WIX "R" filter on my truck for two months. That's all it took to destroy it.

WIX race air cleaners suck dead elephant balls on the street. They are very high flow and non filtering. They also do not hold up well, because the filter media is extremely fragile. So much so, that repeated street use will have your engine choking on filter media sucked from the filter. Ask me how I know. I have two good reasons. 1) I work at O'Reilly. 2) I had a WIX "R" filter on my truck for two months. That's all it took to destroy it.
So ,Rob: what do you recommend? All ears..
Agreement, on lack of filtering, on race garbage.
A straight paper filter ,works for me... K and N ,isn't what they claim to be.

Yeah they don't last long.

Exactly.....and just to clarify, I was't jumpin on you about it, just sharing my experience.

Now the regular WIX filters are fine. I've always said that if you're lookin for power through air filters, you're really lookin in the wrong place.

Exactly.....and just to clarify, I was't jumpin on you about it, just sharing my experience.

Now the regular WIX filters are fine. I've always said that if you're lookin for power through air filters, you're really lookin in the wrong place.
Now ,we're talking straight, Mr.Merritt.

So ,Rob: what do you recommend? All ears..
Agreement, on lack of filtering, on race garbage.
A straight paper filter ,works for me... K and N ,isn't what they claim to be.

I like the WIX stuff. With WIX or Baldwin, you cannot really miss. And I am like you, I prefer the standard paper filters.

Fantastic quote. I wish you worked at O'Reilly near me (my main/closest autoparts store). The stuff they tell customers almost every time I'm in there is just unreal.

Fantastic quote. I wish you worked at O'Reilly near me (my main/closest autoparts store). The stuff they tell customers almost every time I'm in there is just unreal.

You should hear me when I give my opinion of K&N air filters.

There's a reason why EVERY one of them on the K&N end cap has dust on it. I refuse to lie about them. I will sell one if a customer just HAS to have one, but I will not stand there and tell them something that isn't true. Ain't happenin.

Now, I don't say they are junk......just that if you're not the type to really stay on top of cleaning and oiling them, they do no better than a good quality paper filter. And that's the truth.

You should hear me when I give my opinion of K&N air filters.

There's a reason why EVERY one of them on the K&N end cap has dust on it. I refuse to lie about them. I will sell one if a customer just HAS to have one, but I will not stand there and tell them something that isn't true. Ain't happenin.

Now, I don't say they are junk......just that if you're not the type to really stay on top of cleaning and oiling them, they do no better than a good quality paper filter. And that's the truth.
110% true. I won't ever get one because i'll forget to clean/oil and thus cause problems. Quality paper filters for me!

I just run a foam pad, wash in soap and water, ring out and back in the stack...

And yeah as much as me and you don't always jive, I also wish you worked at the parts house near me...

I just run a foam pad, wash in soap and water, ring out and back in the stack...

And yeah as much as me and you don't always jive, I also wish you worked at the parts house near me...

Thanks. I don't think anybody ever gets along all the time.

i never even heard of the wix race filters ....glad I didn't know about them

I have had great luck with the regular wix or I use Fram air filters sometimes.

I have been trying to find a CA305 or equivalent in stock at local stores and nothing doing (for 1968-69 340, 383 and 440 4-Barrel unsilenced). Finally ordered online: Gonher #GA-730 (made in Mexico) and it is an exact fit. Don't know if "Gonher" brand is sold in USA? 6.55 + 4.84 shipping = $11.39 US dollars

On the box is listed these applications--
Chrysler #2863349
Chrysler #3769002
Imperial 5.2L (318) 81-83
Le Baron 5.9L (360) 78-80
Aspen 5.9L (360) 76-80
Charger 5.9L (360) 74-78
Charger 6.6L (400) 72-78
Charger 7.2L (440) 70-76
Diplomat 5.2L (318) 78-89
Mirada 5.2L (318) 80-82
Super Bee 5.2L (318) 72-80