Air/Fuel sensor

-

Kendog 170

Let the boy go !
Reaction score
I heard that A/F sensor and gauges have come down in price. I want to dial in my carb and was wondering who has purchased and liked an inexpensive one.

dont know about the price drop but you'll need a wide band sensor and that will need a driver at extra cost, narrow band is mostly useless for tuning. Pretty to look at but they flip around a lot in my experience with them. My wide band is Speed Hut.

I used the Summit brand, came in an AEM box. They are the same except for the name plate. Now I see the Summit one sells for $199 and the AEM sells for $131. Strange.

Wideband.jpg

I heard that A/F sensor and gauges have come down in price. I want to dial in my carb and was wondering who has purchased and liked an inexpensive one.
What you need depends a bit on what you are aiming to tune in.
Really what a WBO2 does is give you references points to observe changes.
Then those readings can be compared with changes in performance.

I have a AEM in my big block.I used it for tuning my Holley 850. I never did it befoere but was a great learning experience. Carb works great. 13.2 at idle 13.5 cruising 12.2 ish WOT. Now it's stuck at 14.7 all the time . Only got a couple of years out of it. Still haven't fixed it yet. Now I want to Dial in my 340 Ragtop and want to try a different brand.

-
Back