airless home spray system

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
We, and step son will have to paint outside of homes, I have never owned one of these systems, do they work well, any brand I should look for??

I sprayed my house 36 years ago, there is still the paint on the eves to this day.
I swear it has lasted longer than brushing it on, but it might just be the paint was way better back then.

Graco brand and they do wear out. Especially using latex and yes they work well.

I have a Wagner that works OK. It can really gobble up the paint if you don't set it right. I think I'd be renting a commercial setup if I were to do a whole house but I don't paint big jobs anymore. Hate painting. I write a check. Interestingly, the guys that painted my big two story house last summer did it all with brushes. No roller or sprayers. Great job too.

My buddy had airless setup.
Rarely used it outdoors.
Airborne paint drift can cost you if it lands on neighbours home.

Indoors on new construction is the only place he used it. Prime/paint in one day. Two if it had a finished basement.

Thanks for all the comments. We are out in the sticks so no worry of neighbors. Since it is our home plus step sons, I figure buying would be better than renting. No doubt best on NON windy day!

Since we split the costs $200 each I bet is reasonable. I will also look into costs of renting. Thanks again all for info!

Thanks for all the comments. We are out in the sticks so no worry of neighbors. Since it is our home plus step sons, I figure buying would be better than renting. No doubt best on NON windy day!

Since we split the costs $200 each I bet is reasonable. I will also look into costs of renting. Thanks again all for info!

Graco is a good brand. I rented one for the weekend a few days ago to spray 8 gallons on the inside of my place. It took longer to mask everything off and prep a few spots. You can buy a good masking tool from 3M to make masking easier. Don't buy cheap tape, and use the blue tape. It can be removed just before the paint is dry, so it won't lift the paint film. Also, don't leave it on in direct sunlight for very long.

One final warning, NEVER wipe the spray tip with your finger or get it anywhere near your body. It will inject paint under your skin and into your tissues. They end up cutting that part of your body off if you do.

I went in halves with a family member on one of those Graco sprayers.

The nice thing was the actual spraying of my house only took a couple hours.

The bad thing was it ate about twice as much paint as rolling it on would.

-
Back