ALERT!! SOUND THE ALARM!!..

-
But if you want to compare the heads against what you have, I'd do the heads first....
I think I'm kind of with Cuda fever on this one as it's all going to be all at once for the most part. Everything is quite dialed in right now as far as timing and whatnot. If I was to get the carburetors plumbed and adjusted then I would be free to take the motor out and disassemble everything and put it back together good to go. At the same time put my electric water pump back on along with the new heads and the new carburetors. I would just want to drive it enough to make sure the carburetors are functioning and opening properly.. oddly enough my work has been pretty busy and this is not my busy time of year. This truck has me taking all my spare time.. I've just got to get those floor boards welded in and this engine and transmission out of my garage before I crack open the Duster.. I would like to do it all out on an engine stand and give my clutch an inspection and possible change..

I think I'm kind of with Cuda fever on this one as it's all going to be all at once for the most part. Everything is quite dialed in right now as far as timing and whatnot. If I was to get the carburetors plumbed and adjusted then I would be free to take the motor out and disassemble everything and put it back together good to go. At the same time put my electric water pump back on along with the new heads and the new carburetors. I would just want to drive it enough to make sure the carburetors are functioning and opening properly.. oddly enough my work has been pretty busy and this is not my busy time of year. This truck has me taking all my spare time.. I've just got to get those floor boards welded in and this engine and transmission out of my garage before I crack open the Duster.. I would like to do it all out on an engine stand and give my clutch and inspection amd possible change..
that's all ok too, but as you know, if you change multiple things you don't know what hurt or what helped. And not that it matters if it don't matter to you.....

That's just about how I do it every time LOL.. maybe this will be the lucky roll..
I'll probably start with the mag heads, I still want to do this swap. Then see if the SM heads can outperform them..... But I entertain myself with these kind of things.. LOL

I would kind of think if I took the car out and drove it a little bit which I need to do to turn it around as it's facing in the garage and I like working on it facing out. Take it for a little drive and work on it for a couple days getting the new carbs on and take it for another Drive and see if by seat of pants there's any kind of change..

I would kind of think if I took the car out and drove it a little bit which I need to do to turn it around as it's facing in the garage and I like working on it facing out. Take it for a little drive and work on it for a couple days getting the new carbs on and take it for another Drive and see if by seat of pants there's any kind of change..
that would give you a "feel"..... I use "out of town" long before it goes to the strip, but you know that about me

I would throw on the carbs and make a your daily comuter for a week.
When your not paying attention is when it will get your attention. Iron out the small details, then pull the eng.

I would throw on the carbs and make a your daily comuter for a week.
When your not paying attention is when it will get your attention. Iron out the small details, then pull the eng.
I only drive it when it's dry and nice out LOL I'm in Oregon and it's the rainy season. LOL I can't make it a daily commuter. I mean it has a hole in the hood with carburetor sticking out and no windshield wipers.. also that would get my beautiful motor all dirty LOL..

Rain X for the windshield
Rain will only clean off some of the carbon on the piston.
Win Win!
Oh and it will keep you on your toes and heart rate up!:steering:

Rain X for the windshield
Rain will only clean off some of the carbon on the piston.
Win Win!
Oh and it will keep you on your toes and heart rate up!:steering:
They say those nitto 555 don't do all that great in the rain.....

Yup just like my cheater slick. they launch in rain vary well but at 30-40 the rear end tries to swap with the front end. :eek::D

Ok 318willrun, wins, pull the heads while the weather is bad.

Yup just like my cheater slick. they launch in rain vary well but at 30-40 the rear end tries to swap with the front end. :eek::D

Ok 318willrun, wins, pull the heads while the weather is bad.
We do have short three - four day dry clear stretches and I don't salt the roads..
Get truck done by January.. early February hopefully a dry stretch I can switch carburetors and get tuned in..
when I take the carburetors off I generally just disconnect the gas and the throttle linkage and pop them both off with the bottom plenum of the dual quad tunnel ram..

Last edited:
I only drive it when it's dry and nice out LOL I'm in Oregon and it's the rainy season. LOL I can't make it a daily commuter. I mean it has a hole in the hood with carburetor sticking out and no windshield wipers.. also that would get my beautiful motor all dirty LOL..

That sounds like a full fledged all out drag car to me. Hole in the hood, aluminum heads, and no windshield wipers.

If you would quit "closet Drinking" your voice command would be able to understand you better, as will, as all of us.
:poke::D

I don't have a drinking problem........., I drink.........I get drunk.........i fall down...........see no problem:wtf::D

If you would quit "closet Drinking" your voice command would be able to understand you better, as will, as all of us.
:poke::D

I don't have a drinking problem........., I drink.........I get drunk.........i fall down...........see no problem:wtf::D
You probably just have one glass a day...
Screenshot_20191210-185639.png

YUp in my younger days
Now i just work on my 6 pack.

People ask me if i'm a Drinker..........am....weLL' i'm not, a no drinker........
Cronna with a lime is mitty nice with dinner when we go out.
Probably go threw a Case of Beer a Year.
My bottle of Jack Daniels is FOR MEDICINAL PURPOSES ONLY!:wtf:

TRAIN HAS JUMPED THE TRACK, AGAIN!
Woops:p

That sounds like a full fledged all out drag car to me. Hole in the hood, aluminum heads, and no windshield wipers.
No, in drag form it was no bumpers, no hood, no wipers, lexan windows, basically it looked like an Altered Drag Car

I drove the sweptline a couple of years to work every day with no wipers. The one I had fell off on highway 41 in an ice storm, on my way to work one morning.
It now has one on the drivers side, but is waiting for a motor. I never did use rainx either. Old Yeller knew the way to work.

Just a quick update. I still have not seen a tracking number, but a set of big block heads just showed by FedEx, signature required for receipt. So they are definitely splitting orders to get them out because other items did not arrive yet.
These heads are the assembled big block with 265cc intake runners, as cast. They were in ProComp boxes, and I did see a date of 2014 on one of them.

-
Back