ALERT!! SOUND THE ALARM!!..

-
Summit has had 10% off I think the Speedmaster heads and other Speedmaster stuff but certainly not 40%..

I don't see any info, are these magnum heads? the pic shows the magnim bolt pattern, and what's the dif on the hydr-r and the hydr-ft, and what's the deal on the free intake?
the Magnum bolt pattern or I should say angle is on the intake manifold but it has both ways.. they are La heads.. you can see the hydraulic roller is a little bit more expensive because the roller lifters are heavier and needs stronger Springs..

Mine ain't high dollar, just enough to qualify for free shipping to GWN. But for $300 US, you would think more than $10 off? I wonder if you remove from cart then add them again?
Same here Steve. I have $1008 sitting in my Summit cart just waiting for additional savings. Crossing my fingers we'll see more tomorrow.

I need this stuff to finish my 5.9!

Mine ain't high dollar, just enough to qualify for free shipping to GWN. But for $300 US, you would think more than $10 off? I wonder if you remove from cart then add them again?
I noticed when they dropped the 10% off it dropped right off the stuff in my car as well...
All I have is the Speedmaster head bolts and those drop 10% down to $76 from 84... But I want them to price match Speedmaster at 52.. the same with the intake gaskets they went from like 11.99 to $10 and change.. they need to match speedmasters $7... Then a $45 set of Fel-Pro gaskets.. that should get me over a hundred for free shipping.. but I want to order that $122 Cam and lifters for the D100 truck and I see nothing on them and that's got me a little ticked...

Well DUH on me, thanks j par, FT(flat tappet, R(roller) Thanks for the info, does the site have all this? I sure can't find it.

Well DUH on me, thanks j par, FT(flat tappet, R(roller) Thanks for the info, does the site have all this? I sure can't find it.
It's speedmaster79.com
I actually have a quick window on my phone to just get me to the site and it's not the easiest to navigate but after a while you get used to it and get more and more information from it.. most details are given that summer left out and also some are not correct..

It's speedmaster79.com
I actually have a quick window on my phone to just get me to the site and it's not the easiest to navigate but after a while you get used to it and get more and more information from it.. most details are given that summer left out and also some are not correct..

The website is pretty hard to get around, the mopar stuff is buried under the ford and chebbie crap.

Anyone have any experience with the SM Fluid Harmonic Balancer SKU: PCE291.1063 ? Looks same as the TrickFlow and at $105 is hard to ignore. The one in the car has been there since 1971 and is tired. I have a set of the head studs in my wishlist too.

The website is pretty hard to get around, the mopar stuff is buried under the ford and chebbie crap.

Anyone have any experience with the SM Fluid Harmonic Balancer SKU: PCE291.1063 ? Looks same as the TrickFlow and at $105 is hard to ignore. The one in the car has been there since 1971 and is tired. I have a set of the head studs in my wishlist too.

The TF isn't a fluidamper style AFAIK. I've used the Ching chow fluid dampers and they work ok. If I was going to make 600 or more HP I'd use the real thing.

But it should be fine for under 600 HP.

I can't imagine those prices not getting anybodys gears turning on different things...

Last edited:
I'm wondering if anybody has ordered their Speedmaster stuff through Summit or Jegs and just made them price match?

912.84 spent on car parts black Friday sales..... so far.... I thought black Friday sales were about saving money, not spending it! :eek:

Now in all fairness let's get some negative reviews for Colorado speed? You know the company that says don't buy from them.. BUT, we have stuff for sale...lol...
Screenshot_20191129-071355.png
Screenshot_20191129-071516.png
Screenshot_20191129-071604.png

I don't know which one I like the best the first one where they say that they don't allow negative reviews LOL or the last one that sounds like an ex employee giving real download scoop...

Not the same as me! I paid $120 more:BangHead:..
703 bucks for a pair loaded is just too good to watch go by for anyone think'n on a set of aluminum heads. I would have paid 1450 for ProMaxx before I paid 1170 for these. But 703 ??

703 bucks for a pair loaded is just too good to watch go by for anyone think'n on a set of aluminum heads. I would have paid 1450 for ProMaxx before I paid 1170 for these. But 703 ??
I have no regrets at 820.. of course now in hindsight I would have loved to have my studs and gaskets paid for, but I likely would have spent the money on something else by now? I'm glad they're on my shelf...

I bet you have them apart for inspection before Xmas and reassembled just after New Year. lol
What are you doing with the big block mounts.
probably. LOL. Since I was in my late teens, I've always wanted a 440 (or big block Duster). I've had big blocks, but not in a Duster/Demon. Of all my A-bodies, 318's, 340's, 360's, never one with a big block. I see it happening in my future - maybe near future :) Still debating on SM heads for big block. I may pull the trigger before Monday.

probably. LOL. Since I was in my late teens, I've always wanted a 440 (or big block Duster). I've had big blocks, but not in a Duster/Demon. Of all my A-bodies, 318's, 340's, 360's, never one with a big block. I see it happening in my future - maybe near future :) Still debating on SM heads for big block. I may pull the trigger before Monday.
Please let me be the first to encourage you to get the big block and get what you've always wanted! That is the point!
I always wanted a dual quad tunnel ram pistol grip four Speed Earth turning scary car.... I don't care if the Dual quads make it run worse and I don't care if the four speed is slower or whatever I got what I want and that's all that counts!...
My best friend from high school who I don't see much was over a couple weeks ago and we were talkin if we had this duster in high school lol we could have had a wart on our noses the size of a football and had the car full of chicks LOL...
Don't leave your dreams on the table, you only live once...:thumbsup::thumbsup:...

Honestly I always wanted aluminum heads because I always thought they were cool... if I get any kind of performance bump from them all the better...

-
Back