.................Ali.................

-
The greatest (boxer) passed on?!?!

I heard yesterday they said if/when he dies, his value is gonna skyrocket higher than Elvis, James Dean and Marilyn Monroe and possibly more than all 3 combined!!

I'm too young to have seen him fight live but he always was my favorite!! Time to watch the movie Ali again!

He was awesome in his prime... The banter between him and Howard Cosell was classic....

"I am the greatest!!!!"

muhammad_ali2012-bw-art-exhibit-wide1.jpg

Thanks Ali, for the example, the technique, and the character. As a fighter, there will always be one greatest of all time.

Last edited:
I heard yesterday they said if/when he dies, his value is gonna skyrocket higher than Elvis, James Dean and Marilyn Monroe and possibly more than all 3 combined!!

I'm too young to have seen him fight live but he always was my favorite!! Time to watch the movie Ali again!

When you die, you have it made for life.... :eek:

Draft dodger. Funny how he changed his religion to Islam and how he used that as his excuse to dodge the draft and how Islamists are so violent.

I respect his boxing ability, but he did not do anything for the nation other than entertain some people.

I remember as a kid growing our entire family gathering round the tv on the rare occasion the fight was televised.
Polarizing moment in time.
George Chuvalo took him the distance at Maple Leaf Gardens.
RIP Ali

Ah no..that was Rocky Marciano..
At least you didnt say floyd mayweather.

From a combat sports pov, ali was the best because of his mix of achievement, showmanship and skill.

Youngest heavyweight champ till tyson, olympic gold medalist, and 3 time lineal champ.

His showmanship brought the entire sport more viewers and money.

He was an extremely active philanthropist, and tutor to generations of boxers and combat sport athletes.

At your funeral, may your eulogy not be based on YOUR poor choices.

Don't think you'll be giving it so i really don' give a **** what you think about my choices..Ali(the draft dodger) was not undefeated Rocky Marciano from right here in Brockton,Ma was making him the "greatest"...

At your funeral, may your eulogy not be based on YOUR poor choices.

Jumping through major hoops to dodge the draft is a major life changing choice. I would venture to say that if he hadn't already won gold in the Olympics, he would have served time in jail. Regardless, I wouldn't idolize such an un-American as he.

Last edited:
R.I.P. Ali !! No more Rope-a-Dope
Yes R.I.P.
I got to say, that "Rope-a-Dope" tactic was not a good strategy. To lean against the ropes and let someone freely pummel the sides of your head in hopes they "punch themselves out" didn't seem very intelligent to me.

Rope a dope is still used heavily by people such as floyd mayweather, and isnt about getting punched, but using the elasticity of the ropes to allow you to evade a swarmer till u can counter.

He found an avenue to avoid the draft, not unlike many of the rich kids going to college had a waiver loophole.

Guy was an incredible showman and character. RIP

-
Back