alien dash implant

-

Marky Dart

Reaction score
Hey,can anyone identify this shiny module?Whilst upside down under my'70 Dart GT dash with my back broke I saw this sitting loose on the inside dash bottom lip.I can see no female plugs on any wiring.It says "ign",guessing that means ignition.One would think it should be attached.Any clues?

PIC_0179.JPG

PIC_0180.JPG

PIC_0183.JPG

LOL I thought everybody must know what they are by now.

good luck trying to plug it back in. Do your gauges work, fuel and temp.? If they do maybe extra one, fat chance though. On Duster dash, non rally, it plugs in at the top of circuit board almost in the middle.

good luck trying to plug it back in. Do your gauges work, fuel and temp.? If they do maybe extra one, fat chance though. On Duster dash, non rally, it plugs in at the top of circuit board almost in the middle.
Thanks mate.No my gauges don't work except ameter so no big deal.behind dash on A bodies is pure hell.I may try later,disconnect battery first.

You might try removing the dash screws and tilt the top of the gauge dash forward to plug it in.

Well, I just replaced one last week. It definitely did not have room to be removed or installed with the dash screwed in place. The structure supporting the column was only about 1/4-1/2" away. Less than the length of the pins. I disconnected the battery, unplugged the wiper switch, released the speedo cable, lowered the column (all bolts top and bottom), removed the screws and pulled the cluster forward. Necessary? Maybe not. Easier? In my opinion, yes. Laying into the car upside down is very inconvenient!

well,just got it in.Removed the emerg.brake pedal assembly to make room for my big head(upside down)and using very long angled needle nose
pliers she plugged in.Oh joy.I was a cursin'.Anyways there are a few dash bulbs missing on the left side but thats for maybe next year.thanks guys for the tips.Happy 'Ween.
P.S.who is the 'ol Mopar dash design guy for those cars?I would say "may a thousand camels dance on your grave"

Last edited:
On my 67 dart. I reach up just left of the steering column and have done it so many times now i can do it blind while maintaining the noise supression cap connector as well

Do your gauges work now?
when I got the car it had aftermarket mechanical gauges gauges.The fuel gauge did not work so I installed an Autometer gauge by splicing into I think a blue wire.I will see now if that gauge works.I can also hook up a temp gauge.The ammeter gauge does work but lately it reads a little high-just past halfway until a load(wipers,headlights) then it levels.I have 13.6 at battery and running about 14.6 volts so thats fine.I read to bypass the ammeter you remove the 2 wires and connect them and then run a voltmeter.Is that correct?

when I got the car it had aftermarket mechanical gauges gauges.The fuel gauge did not work so I installed an Autometer gauge by splicing into I think a blue wire.I will see now if that gauge works.I can also hook up a temp gauge.The ammeter gauge does work but lately it reads a little high-just past halfway until a load(wipers,headlights) then it levels.I have 13.6 at battery and running about 14.6 volts so thats fine.I read to bypass the ammeter you remove the 2 wires and connect them and then run a voltmeter.Is that correct?
I'm not sure if the aftermarket fuel gauge will work with the factory sender, might be different values. Someone who knows more about that might comment. You are correct about the amp meter bypass.

-
Back