Allstar Performance can... *UPDATE*

-

yellow rose

Overnight Sensation
Reaction score
KISS MY BIG, WHITE, HAIRY BEHIND. First thing Monday I will call them to find out why, after THREE DECADES of the 904 Torqueflite these morons can’t bend a dipstick tube to fit one. Absolute bullcrap. Just stupid. And it’s not even close.

You could ask a blind invalid to bend one up and get as close as ALLSTAR PERFORMANCE did. Now, there could be a valid reason why it doesn’t fit. Maybe a bad one got past QC? Who knows? Maybe the dipstick was labeled wrong and it’s actually for a powerglide? I can’t say.

What I do know, for a fact is this junker won’t fit anything I own.

Just another reason why I hate, I detest, despise and loath leaky, slow shifting, dumbed down, designed so even a simple minded moron can drag race with one automatic transmission.

I will update this Monday after I call this dog and pony show also known as “ALLSTAR PERFORMACE” and let them tell me how I'm the only one who has one of these here fine pieces that doesn’t fit.

Last edited:
KISS MY BIG, WHITE, HAIRY BEHIND. First thing Monday I will call them to find out why, after THREE DECADES of the 904 Torqueflite these morons can’t bend a dipstick tube to fit one. Absolute bullcrap. Just stupid. And it’s not even close.

You could as a blind invalid to bend one up and get as close as ALLSTAR PERFORMANCE did. Now, there could be a valid reason why it doesn’t fit. Maybe a bad one got past QC? Who knows? Maybe the dipstick was labeled wrong and it’s actually for a powerglide? I can’t say.

Just another reason why I hate, I detest, despise and loath leaky, slow shifting, dumbed down, designed so even a simple minded moron can drag race with one automatic transmission.

I will update this Monday after I call this dog and pony show also known as “ALLSTAR PERFORMACE” and let them tell me how I'm the only one who has one of these here fine pieces that doesn’t fit.

Them employ retards just like all other industries today !!

I've been a member long enough to know if Yellow Rose from central Washington has a problem with a company, I won't buy anything from them. The kiss of death.

You could ask a blind invalid to bend one up and get as close as ALLSTAR PERFORMANCE did. Now, there could be a valid reason why it doesn’t fit. Maybe a bad one got past QC? Who knows? Maybe the dipstick was labeled wrong and it’s actually for a powerglide? I can’t say.

sounds familiar , most everything we mopar boys buy needs massaging !

actually for a powerglide?
Could be. I ordered a timing chain cover for a big block from Mr.Moparts along with other parts.Know what I got? A timing chain cover for a Chevy !!! Come on,you name is MR.MOPARTS !!

Allstar Perf..... 99% Chebbie.....
A Mopar friendly vendor such as A&A Trans may help, or Cope??

Could be. I ordered a timing chain cover for a big block from Mr.Moparts along with other parts.Know what I got? A timing chain cover for a Chevy !!! Come on,you name is MR.MOPARTS !!
Yes! Mr. Moparts is a company I will NEVER do business with again. They never answer emails or their phone. Very difficult to do business with, and when I got the armrest pads I ordered, they were made wrong. I was so disgusted by their foolish response (we've made lots of these and never had a complaint before) that I threw them into the trash. These same people run two or three businesses with different names but are in the same area. Just a heads up to be careful who you do business with!

@yellow rose

When you call them tell them there is 2 of us. Happy day yesterday when my All Star 904 Tube arrived. Didn't even take it out of the box. Read your post this morning, looked at the Tube and said WTF is this???? You said "not even close" and right you are!

See the pic below. Comparison is to an OEM 273/904 Tube. Ridiculous.

All Star 904 Dipstick Tube OEM Comparison.jpg

@yellow rose

When you call them tell them there is 2 of us. Happy day yesterday when my All Star 904 Tube arrived. Didn't even take it out of the box. Read your post this morning, looked at the Tube and said WTF is this???? You said "not even close" and right you are!

View attachment 1715753339

I will add to the above that I purchased this All Star product on eBay from Seller: "209speedparts". Anybody have any experience with this vendor? I have emailed them. I'll advise on the response I get.

@yellow rose

LOL...that’s too funny. You know I have a legitimate 9th grade education, so when I opened the box last night the first look told me it wasn’t even close. Ray Charles can see it’s not even close. If I can see it’s not close, why don’t they know it?

It’s pretty crappy that these people make junk like this and keep sending it out. They have to KNOW it’s not even close. It just pisses me off.

I bought mine from Summit, so I’ll be kicking them in the ear here shortly.

I have a locking dipstick on my 68 Barracuda with a 904 and it looks the same to me, i use a chevy TH350-TH400 ? tube seal going into the trans and a little bit of rtv on it and no tube leaks, plus i cut a notch opening in the mounting flange so i can just basically push it under the bell housing bolt and snug it down. No problems here to be honest.

I have a couple of the All Star 904 dipstick on the race cars.........but since the cars have CSR shields on them they dont fit....so I cut the bracket off and safety wire them so they dont move.....

I have a couple of the All Star 904 dipstick on the race cars.........but since the cars have CSR shields on them they dont fit....so I cut the bracket off and safety wire them so they dont move.....

I tried real quick last night to try and fit that tube in there, but IIRC if I did get the tube into the case it would either hit the firewall or the bell housing before it actually lined up to be bolted in.

I’m taking today off. Tomorrow I’ll see if it was just late and I was tired or if it just won’t fit.

@yellow rose

To my tired old eyes, this looks like a Fitzall Universal TH350 kit with the tab. Sold lots of these when I was working. It isn't hard to take it out of one package and put it in your own. JHMO

You guys aren't alone. The small block 727 one doesn’t fit unless you put a kick in it to miss blower motor and then add a 2” flat metal to extend to the bell housing bolt... so it can work but pita... but better than what I removed.... so made it work

So it wasn't as advertised , how shocking.

Speedmaster and now allstar.

China has nothing to do with false advertising more than than the company itself.

You guys aren't alone. The small block 727 one doesn’t fit unless you put a kick in it to miss blower motor and then add a 2” flat metal to extend to the bell housing bolt... so it can work but pita... but better than what I removed.... so made it work

Yeah I just eyeballed mine and I can see that it would hit the blower motor. '65 Valiant. Damned if I am going to modify it I'm going to return and get a refund (I hope).

I had to go back and look at those Allstar dipstick tubes they offer. The one I got is for a SB A727 and it lined up fine, was even bent the same as the oem tube I removed. Then I noticed when reading the notes on the Summit listing for those tubes the following:
Notes:
Bellhousing mount transmission dipsticks are recommended for dragster, street rod, or other applications with ample clearance to the bellhousing. These are not recommended for vehicles with minimal clearance between the bellhousing and firewall or transmission tunnel.

Pretty much the same wording for all their versions for Torqueflites. WTF, Damn that sucks

"Bellhousing mount transmission dipsticks are recommended for dragster, street rod, or other applications with ample clearance to the bellhousing. These are not recommended for vehicles with minimal clearance between the bellhousing and firewall or transmission tunnel."

Well that right there describes an Early A Body. No chance these All Star dipsticks are going to fit an A body. Fits all Chinese Junk!

I found 5 sellers/companies on eBay listing this product! Every one of them shows just 1 product rating and it is from THE SAME PERSON ON THE SAME DAY! Fraudulent.

Summit Racing ratings (3) are also bad.

If I can't get a refund I will have a pretty wall hanger for the shop. A daily reminder in my face to avoid **** from China.

"Bellhousing mount transmission dipsticks are recommended for dragster, street rod, or other applications with ample clearance to the bellhousing. These are not recommended for vehicles with minimal clearance between the bellhousing and firewall or transmission tunnel."

Well that right there describes an Early A Body. No chance these All Star dipsticks are going to fit an A body. Fits all Chinese Junk!

I found 5 sellers/companies on eBay listing this product! Every one of them shows just 1 product rating and it is from THE SAME PERSON ON THE SAME DAY! Fraudulent.

Summit Racing ratings (3) are also bad.

If I can't get a refund I will have a pretty wall hanger for the shop. A daily reminder in my face to avoid **** from China.
First off you don't even need one unless your going to race your car on a track that performs " TECH " actually so there is that, then if you are going to do some drag racing at tracks and have built a car as such then I hate to burst your cherry BUT most things aftermarket and intended for race cars don't fit just as an OEM part would.......get over it. Also a lot of guys that are buying these locking dipsticks so they can be legal to race at a track don't have a blower motor/heater box in the car anyway, it's usually one of the first things to go if your trying to lose any kind of weight at all. This whole post makes me scratch my head because it is not an issue and it reminds me of the other post of the engine oil dipstick with the POS chrome dipstick tube the whiz bang was struggling to figure out how to get it in with the wrong fuel pump/block off plate bolts anyway and also trying to do it in the wrong order, just boggles my mind as to some of the stupidity.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this is the way I feel about robmac performance out of diller nebraska , stupid *** cornhusker , dont trust him !

I had to go back and look at those Allstar dipstick tubes they offer. The one I got is for a SB A727 and it lined up fine, was even bent the same as the oem tube I removed. Then I noticed when reading the notes on the Summit listing for those tubes the following:
Notes:
Bellhousing mount transmission dipsticks are recommended for dragster, street rod, or other applications with ample clearance to the bellhousing. These are not recommended for vehicles with minimal clearance between the bellhousing and firewall or transmission tunnel.

Pretty much the same wording for all their versions for Torqueflites. WTF, Damn that sucks

I would understand if it actually hit the tunnel. The POS hits the bell housing long before it hits the tunnel. Not even close.

And I called “Allstar Performance” and told that moron what I was using it for and said it’s a bolt in replacement for the OE tube. I will be calling him tomorrow. I wrote down his name.

First off you don't even need one unless your going to race your car on a track that performs " TECH " actually so there is that, then if you are going to do some drag racing at tracks and have built a car as such then I hate to burst your cherry BUT most things aftermarket and intended for race cars don't fit just as an OEM part would.......get over it. Also a lot of guys that are buying these locking dipsticks so they can be legal to race at a track don't have a blower motor/heater box in the car anyway, it's usually one of the first things to go if your trying to lose any kind of weight at all. This whole post makes me scratch my head because it is not an issue and it reminds me of the other post of the engine oil dipstick with the POS chrome dipstick tube the whiz bang was struggling to figure out how to get it in with the wrong fuel pump/block off plate bolts anyway and also trying to do it in the wrong order, just boggles my mind as to some of the stupidity.

I know what it’s for. If it fit it would be much better than the OE tube and the stupid O ring. Why do you think Chrysler went to a seal like is used on the “Allstar Performance” tube on the 46re? Because the O ring is a piss poor way to do it.

You shouldn’t need a magic O ring and Gumby to for the tube into the transmission. Today I’m going to buy one of those 46re seals and see if that will fit with an OE tube. I’m pretty sure I have the 9/16 x 3/4 O ring out there and there was no way that O ring was going into the hole.

-
Back