Allstate Platinum Protection Plan worth it?

-

7DUSTER3

1973 Plymouth Duster 360
Reaction score
Hey guys, do any of you guys and gals go through Allstate and know anything about the Platinum plan??

I'm thinking about "upgrading" my plan on my dodge ram to it. I'm a 21 year old male with a hemi truck, so you can imagine my rate being higher then normal already. Is this at all beneficial? I have had 3 speeding tickets since 16, knock on wood that i haven't had any in almost 2 years. And no accidents that have been my fault. Will i actually see any of these benefits or is this just to get more money from me?

thanks

I am biased by the fact that Allstate is full of crap! LOL

The good hands people? They dropped my homeowners because my house is too close to the beach. Being that it is a site built home, not "mobile" LOL, i called them and asked if the beach had moved? They thought it was funny untill I asked them why they dropped my insurance. I have a few other stories i could bore you with, but I will spare ya.

Allstate sux! Nuff said!

The only reason i am with them is because they are a decent brand company and i was with them when i got my tickets. So they have a lower rate for me amongst other companies. I'm not really happy with them either, i'd rather had AAA but im stuck until 25 when my rates will lower...

Your screwed cuz your young plain and simple. Until your 25 thats how it goes with any insurance company it will be expensive. What I would do is get a beater car and use that as your "daily driver" for insurance purposes, just get the legal minimums, and no comp collision you'll probally be able to insure both for what your paying now.

I have thought of that before, Money isn't really the issue. Its going to cost me 25 bucks more a month to have the "better plan" I qualify for a good student discount. That's about 30 dollars so i end up breaking even. I can't because of a family accident lower anything, right now im 25-50 all the way across with a 500 dollar deductible.

When I was in my early 20's driving a slant 6 F body, I used Allstate. My insurance kept going up fast without any tickets or claims. I went in and asked them what was going on since there was no reason for the increases. The lady behind the desk was very kind and told me that she understood but there was nothing she could do for me. She did actually called other insurance companies on my behalf. She said please come back when I was 25. It's now 13 years since I turned 25 but I haven't come back. They need to realize that if they treat young people poorly just because they are young....they lost long term customers.

So does anyone know anything about the actual package? I'm stuck with allstate and buying a smaller car is out. Is this worth the extra 25 bucks a month?

-
Back