Alterkation or HemiDenny

-

snapetwo

Reaction score
Ok guys. Here is the run down.
I am going to put a hemi 5.7 into the dart. I don't want to loser power steering, i would like to lose the Tbars for more room, and would like power rack.
I have $4500 ready to be spent.

I want honest to god true opinions on what everyone thinks and would do.
I have talked to Denny and like what he has, but he is also just a little under the alterkation in price if my math is right.
I like how alterkation looks too, and its been used in lots of cars and muscle car tv "project buiness time"

so there u go. hit me with your best shot.
BTw, gonna be a a driver, not strip.

Don't think you will go wrong no matter which of the two you chose. I will be using HD's , if I ever get back to the car.....

HDK

Reasons :

1. Availibilty of narrower track and larger wheel space.

2. HD really spends time wth you and listenes to you.

3. Willingness to build custom pieces.

4. He is genuinley interested in what you are doing.

5. Price (but all of the above are MORE important).

There is no doubt that if you encounter trouble, he will be there.

HDK

Reasons :

1. Availibilty of narrower track and larger wheel space. the newer alter-k (going back a few years) put the wheels damn close if not in the stock location..

2. HD really spends time wth you and listenes to you. bill at RMS does the same..

3. Willingness to build custom pieces. not sure what custom parts you need for the suspension thats not in the kit but i'm sure bill at RMS would do one off stuff...

4. He is genuinley interested in what you are doing. same with RMS. talked with them a bunch of times before buying mine. got lots of free advice from bill and was never pressured into buying anything.

5. Price (but all of the above are MORE important). that is something you would have to research to be sure. the HD setup you have to supply a bunch of your owns parts. yes you can get cheap **** but compare it with the quality parts that come with the alter-k and it may be closer in price than many think..

There is no doubt that if you encounter trouble, he will be there. same with RMS. you will not see one bad word on the net about RMS and their customer service. their customer service is also great...

Going from the prices that Hemidenny listed in his weight comparison thread, his setup plus the swaybar and power rack and pinion is about $1,000 cheaper than the RMS unit. In my opinion if I can have the same quality product for less money then that money is better spent on something else.

Going from the prices that Hemidenny listed in his weight comparison thread, his setup plus the swaybar and power rack and pinion is about $1,000 cheaper than the RMS unit. In my opinion if I can have the same quality product for less money then that money is better spent on something else.

thats assuming that the price list is using the same parts. we don't know that.. RMS may use higher quality parts. maybe not... like i said you would really have to research it first. find out the brands and parts that the alter-k uses and then compare it to the HD list.

you also can't say its the same quality part.. hell HD's set up looks damn sweet. no one can deny that. but theres no data to say how it works.. i know if you call RMS they can tell you any info/data you need to know about the geometry.

don't take what i am saying wrong. i'm not bashing dennys kit. it looks cool as hell. but it may be set up for a different intended use.. make sure you know what your getting before you buy is all..

RMS looks like nice stuff too but I'm just saying that it was easy
to decide where I will be going.

Maybe it's the day to day involvement in this forum or the personal
interest in individual builds here.

I'm probably uninformed because I work too much but I don't recall
any posts by RMS people or seeing any of their personal builds.

I think both are fine products; I'm just not feelin' the love from RMS.

If your not feeling love how about this. I have the alter K and as ABJ said Bill is a stand up guy and will talk to you all day every day. If something is wrong he will fix it. If you lose a part he will replace it. He's been doing this longer and has way more real world miles on cars to back it up.

Go to the bigblockdart.com forum.

Bill is a mod or runs it or something. Lots of talk about it there.

I love mine by the way. Handles like a mustang now. Quick and responsive. Tons of room for headers and working on it underneath.
I have about 4000 miles of driving on pot holed streets and have nothing but positive things to say about the product.

Not trying to sway you but like ABJ said. You need to decide what the intent of the set up is for....drag racing or street driving or curves or a combo then make your pick based on that.

Good luck.

Mop

Attachments

• 100_1807w.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,869
Understand, I never said anything bad about Altercation or Mr. Reilly.

I never suggested that the OP buy either product.

I only expressed my personal choice. Both seem to be good products.

Still, It would be nice to see past posts/involment by RMS on this forum
with our members and also some pics of their (RMS) personal rides.

I don't recall
any posts by RMS people or seeing any of their personal builds.

i had two big threads years ago when i installed my alter-k and the rear street lynx.

think the pic links got screwed up for the alter-k install. not sure about the street lynx thread.. think i did the alter-k in 06 so it was a while ago when it was all posted..

i know i have seen quite a few threads of guys here dealing with RMS. some with a suspension system and others with just parts..

Every year at the Nats, I make a point to stop and talk to Bill @ the RMS tent...I like him, I like his product, I like his company.

But, I'm guilty of being a hot rodder...a Mopar one at that, I always look for a way to make something more to my liking.

A lower profile, narrower track width, and street-friendly automotive tie rod ends are what makes my K package a little different....at least now you have some options.

Denny

I think some vendors (possibly Bill from RMS) at some point choose to not get too involved with posting on the forums . I think there is a risk of getting into debates with less informed individuals that turn into a "Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference," type of situation. Not implying that that applies to anyone on this thread by any means. I had had discussions with vendors about this very situation.

I researched RMS on this site and others for a year before deciding to go that way. I found a used AlterKtion on eBay and bought it at what I thought was a deal. After unpacking it I had the feeling something wasn't right. I called Bill and he had me send it back so he could check it out. It was bent. Long story short it took me over a year to get restitution from the guy who ripped me off and Bill ultimately did me a solid and I bought new one. My car is not yet driving but the front end is beautiful and I have called Bill on several occasions and he has always had time to walk me through things and patiently answer my questions.

This is nothing new here, everyone says the same thing about Bill and their AlterKtion and has been saying it for years. I am sure HemiDenny is a stand up guy and he probably makes a great product but you definitely aren't making a bad choice if you go with an AlterKtion.

This is nothing new here, everyone says the same thing about Bill and their AlterKtion and has been saying it for years. ............. but you definitely aren't making a bad choice if you go with an AlterKtion.

x2

just now you have some options....what do you want?..the blond, or the red-head...your call.

ain't it great!

-
Back