Alternatives to "M" code manifolds?

-

Cuda416

Reaction score
A few years back, I was talking to someone whom has a wealth of cross fitment knowledge having managed a parts counter at a dealership for a couple of decades who told me there are certain "C" body HP BB manifolds that can be "slightly" modified to fit into a 67-76 A-body.

Unfortunately I've lost contact with him and cannot ask him directly. I'm not pressed for this nor actually considering it at this time, but it sounded like it could be possible if someone was dead set on cast iron.

Thoughts?

Accurate exhaust used to modify C-Body manifolds with steel pipe for 440 A-Body's, I have one still. A friend also modified a set of big block B-Body HP manifolds for use in his 68 440 Dart, I have those also! There are plenty of ways to get around the 017 drivers side manifold.

Yup. The C body passenger manifold is a drop in. The driver's side sometimes is, and sometimes you have to angle mill the manifold so that the outlet draws in closer to the engine. But this is on a low deck only. They do not fit with the RB. At least not that I've seen or heard or read.

Accurate exhaust used to modify C-Body manifolds with steel pipe for 440 A-Body's, I have one still. A friend also modified a set of big block B-Body HP manifolds for use in his 68 440 Dart, I have those also! There are plenty of ways to get around the 017 drivers side manifold.

In my post above, I had early A body on my mind. You are right. They will fit the 67 and up cars with mods. My bad, as they say.

@RustyRatRod , would you mind posting a picture of it? Wondering how the solution compares to what has been done with drivers side Jeep ex manifolds for magnum swaps. Someone, I forget who, was making an "adapter" to get the exhaust going into the right dir.

@RustyRatRod , would you mind posting a picture of it? Wondering how the solution compares to what has been done with drivers side Jeep ex manifolds for magnum swaps. Someone, I forget who, was making an "adapter" to get the exhaust going into the right dir.

I wish I had those pictures. I am very picture poor. When we were going through our divorce, my first wife destroyed almost all of my personal belongings by burning them. All of my pictures and even a vintage 1940s Silvertone guitar that was a gift from my Aunt when I was 6 years old. It was my first guitar.

I wish I had those pictures. I am very picture poor. When we were going through our divorce, my first wife destroyed almost all of my personal belongings by burning them. All of my pictures and even a vintage 1940s Silvertone guitar that was a gift from my Aunt when I was 6 years old. It was my first guitar.

FIRST WIVES CAN BE A ***** !

Wow.... just ... wow.... SMMFH...

-
Back