Aluminum bellhousing

-

coloradohill

Reaction score
I have a small block aluminum bellhousing with a piece broken at the clutch fork boot area. Is this still useable?
Thanks in advance

283D5988-5A3A-4B6C-BC87-F1A2B2D4AB10.jpeg

9419B39F-DED0-46B0-9497-539ECB3E8002.jpeg

FDBDF011-200B-41E4-B873-2EEFFAF248EC.jpeg

image.jpg

Last edited:
I would not hesitate to go ahead and run it
on one of your street cars.
Stay Well Norm my Christian Brother and say Hello to your son for me!

Hey John! Thank you my friend. Good to see you are up and racing again!!!
Enjoy your day and I will tell Ethan you said hello.

Doesn't look like a huge problem. You could find someone to weld it up.

Thanks. I was told it was in a car in this condition, sold my 4speed stuff but wanted to get other opinions before I put it up for sale. (I’ll make a for sale ad toolman) lol
Thanks again

I'd run it. That part of the bellhousing doesn't take any stress. I'd take a grinder and round off the broken area to prevent spreading. Home Depot or Lowes sell aluminum pieces you could cut to fit and have someone weld in.

I'd run it. That part of the bellhousing doesn't take any stress. I'd take a grinder and round off the broken area to prevent spreading. Home Depot or Lowes sell aluminum pieces you could cut to fit and have someone weld in.
If someone can weld it, they can build it up with beads on beads.. Still, run it...

I know a couple people who can weld it but I’m going to sell it because I don’t have plans for it. This way the new owner will see what it is and can decide whether to repair or not.
It will be sold for lower than average price.
Thanks again for all the replies

Home Depot or Lowes sell aluminum pieces you could cut to fit and have someone weld in.
Be careful doing stuff like that. I had a crack welded up in a BB aluminum bell and when I got it back the heat had warped it to where holes didn't line up. It's been hanging on the wall for over 10 years now.

It'll fit and function just fine!

-
Back