Aluminum big block installed in Sgt. Rock

-

Bill Crowell

Reaction score
On his PowerNation series, Stacey David just posted a video in which he installs an aluminum big block stroker motor with Indy heads in his project that he called "Sgt. Rock".

As always with Stacey, it's a little bit difficult to tell where the show itself stops and the commercials and the shout-outs to sponsors begin.

Why don't you guys take a look at it, and tell me if you think Stacey knows what he is talking about!?

Last edited:
I don't know if Stacey knows anything or not but whoever wrote the script for him to read got most of the details correct. The block and heads are not billet, they are cast and have water jackets but otherwise the info seems correct. Not sure why anyone would use Eagle rods in an engine like that though. That seems like an odd choice to go with all the high dollar parts. Most engine builders would spend a few hundred more for a set of Callies or Oliver rods.

And that episode is older than rocks!

I think Stacey is actually pretty knowledgeable, that said, the show has writers. Any time you see that, there's less "reality" involved.

I think Stacey is actually pretty knowledgeable, that said, the show has writers. Any time you see that, there's less "reality" involved.

I think most of it was right on. I agree w/ most all of what the said , don't know about the billet tho, and I don't like rattler balancers. JMO
I`d love to have a good alum. block !!

Have heard a lot of bad stories about ICH tho.

On his PowerNation series, Stacey David just posted a video / his project that he called "Sgt. Rock".

As always with Stacey, it's a little bit difficult to tell where the show itself stops and the commercials and the shout-outs to sponsors begin.

IMO, it is a point of view thing. Is Stacy giving an info-mercial or is it he is explaining everything, naming names so you know what is in the truck?

IMO, it is a point of view thing. Is Stacy giving an info-mercial or is it he is explaining everything, naming names so you know what is in the truck?

Yeah , they probly built or gave him the engine for the advertisement !

Yeah , they probly built or gave him the engine for the advertisement !

And there’s one point of view that is hard to argue with. Completely plausible! Hard to argue otherwise.

Now if Stacy paid for every last dime of the build and the parts people have/had no idea about what he was doing, then I would say, he was just being informative.
Plausible? Probably not. Possible? IDK! Is he a millionaire?
:rofl:

And there’s one point of view that is hard to argue with. Completely plausible! Hard to argue otherwise.

Now if Stacy paid for every last dime of the build and the parts people have/had no idea about what he was doing, then I would say, he was just being informative.
Plausible? Probably not. Possible? IDK! Is he a millionaire?
:rofl:

I doubt very seriously if he pays for everything, T V money and advertisement mostly , I`d bet .

-
Back