Aluminum bumper brackets, a new offering

-

motorhead446

Reaction score
Ok, here goes.. first let me start by saying I made a set of these brackets in 2000 for my 70 Duster drag car. I have been working on this current idea for well over a year. I did not want to mention it publicly until I had a working part for a few models and some sell-able parts. I displayed these at the indy mopar show last weekend and generated some interest. I work full time swing shift job with a 100 mile round trip commute so my time is limited. If I appear to get behind answering your questions please be patient, I will answer them.

I have made an aluminum front bumper bracket set for 70-72 Duster, 67-72 Valiant, 71-72 Scamp and 70-72 Dart/Demon. The Duster bracket weighs approx. .770 lb. each. The Dart/Demon bracket weighs approx. .900 lb. each. The stock Duster bracket weighs approx. 5.6 lbs each and the Dart/Demon bracket weighs approx 7 lbs. each. A nice weight savings for sure. These brackets are intended for off road, drag race cars only with fiberglass bumpers. What you do with them is your business. If you plan to use a fender rod you will need a longer one. I plan to offer these in the future.

These brackets are made from .125 5052 aluminum, cut on a water jet and assembled, tweaked, bent and sometimes thrown across my garage in my garage. The selling price is $55 set plus shipping.

Im still working out final details on these so what you see in the pictures may vary slightly from what you actually purchase.I

I recently purchased stock brackets for 67-69 barracuda front and 70-72 challenger front. these will be the next offering. I have available to me 67-69 Dart, 65 coronet, 66-67 coronet brackets. I am looking for 73 up A body, 68-69 Plymouth B body brackets.

You can PM me here thanks.View attachment 70-72 duster left bracket.jpg

View attachment 70-72 Dart Demon left bracket.jpg

So we have a 67 Valiant???? There are the same are they not guy's???? Steve

So we have a 67 Valiant???? There are the same are they not guy's???? Steve
I just visited AAR and Glasstek websites, AAR shows 67-72 valiant and 70-72 duster as the same part number (1043FB), Glasstek shows 69 Valiant as the same part number as 70-72 Duster(B7005). I will have this type of interchange information on my website when its up. Thanks

55 for front and rear brackets? And if not can you make rear brackets? I would like some for my rear glass bumper please!!!

Well then I'm in !!!!!!!! Tell us how to pay you and let us know when the rear come out--Steve

Great when you get the 68 Barracuda ones done pls bump this post I would like a set

Looking at the AMD website for 70-72 Duster rear brackets I see four pcs. For those of you wanting the rears do you want all four pcs or just the two center brackets? Its been awhile since I had the rear bumper off of my car, i had forgot about the two outer brackets.

Damn! Tracking number already! You ain't messing around!

Anyone interested in bright aluminum carriage bolts, washers and nuts for the brackets? I dont know what they weigh but obviously lighter than stock. Just polling for interest before I buy 100 of each.

These look very nice!

Question- are they strong enough to be used with a steel bumpers? When I say strong enough, I mean to actually hold the bumper up, not their integrity in an accident.

It looks like there is a steel bumper in one of the pics you posted of them mocked up, but I could be mistaken. If they are indeed strong enough, I might be interested in a set of 71 duster fronts and 71 dart rears

Thanks

I displayed the brackets on a steel bumper. The bumper was actually supported by a base I made. Im not comfortable with the idea of supporting a steel bumper with my brackets. I could see making them out of .250 aluminum vs .125 with better results. My goal with my brackets is to loose weight up front for racing with a glass bumper.

I would put a disclaimer on them motorhead,Some idiot is going to put these on a steel bumper and create a problem,Just put a little sticker saying "For fiberglass bumpers only"

-
Back