Aluminum Bumper Brackets

-
You guys are right, and i agree, if your going to do the work and sell your product, do it. If not drop it and say so. its been a long time with nothing but talk. you would be surprised how much this crap goes on within our mopar hobby. just be glad hes not sitting on our money.

I took my stock ones and cut them all up and they look good too they also weight about the same of what was posted.$500 to save a couple lbs seems like a lot for no difference in et. Count me out I will put the $500 toward a new convert. $150.00-$200.00 would seem fair but thats just me.

Granted I realize I'm not a moderator and my opinion isn't worth much around here, however there is no need for that kind of post on any family (or non-family for that matter) website.

And you sure quoted it so it could be plastered some more. I was upset at the time. I meant WHAT I said, not HOW I said it. I edited my post. You could remove the quote as well since you complained first. Yeah, it was over the top, but I was sittin here last night drinkin shots of Southern Comfort and getting depressed because my stepdaughter got mad at my wife for somethin so ridiculously stupid and we didn't get to see any grandbabies for Christmas. I mean, I moved Heaven and Earth to sell a lot of my stuff for their Christmas and now because my stepdaughter decides to start trailer parkin it again, we don't get to see their faces when they open their presents. Then I come on here and see this stupid guy tryin to pull one over on my friends and I snapped. It pisses me off to no end to see people tryin to take advantage of others. I consider everybody here my friend, whether you're on my "friends list" or not. Some dude wants to come on here and make parts to sell, great. DO IT. Don't give every excuse in the book. Wife had a baby? Congrats to you, but when you're talkin about possibly gettin into somebody's pocketbook, then that's called business and you take care of business no matter WHAT. I've offered to help several members close to me by lettin them come use my shop. I don't them well, but you know what? If they took me up on it TODAY, it would happen. It's not some BS fantasy crap I spew. I will really honestly help somebody. yet some guy like this can come on here, promise people all kinda stuff and people fall all over him. We're a community here if people with like interests. We should be like friends lookin out for each other. Sorry if my post offended, but how would have been feelin about now if you were the one guy who had sent some money on this and never seen a return? You feelin me now?

there are fiberglass bumper brackets already available...i have a set on my 71 Dart...

they are 33 dollars each i believe...

strockerscamp you made my day and i suppose to some that would be because i am an old filthy mouthed sailor!!! But what kind of a wait advantage could a $500.00 set of aluminum bumper brackets make.? Not as much, as if someone were to give up the cheese burgers

Has anyone else here heard the music that these "Young Guns," who we're afraid of exposing to profanity, listen to? What SS said was mild in comparison. And parents who think their kids don't listen to it when they aren't around need to get a clue.

Here is what I did to a set of stock brackets. There only about a pound each now. I just run the inner ones. They have been on my 70 Dart with a stock bumper for half a year now.

Attachments

• bumper brackets.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 556
  • bumper brackets 2.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 554
hey Burnt70 - did you weigh those before and after ?

Yes I did. Here is a link to my build thread for my DustDemon. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=49638

I was going to use them on that car but found a set of glass ones that are even lighter I am going to put on that car. So now they are on my Dart.

Outer mounts are about 3 1/2 pounds each. So not using them will save you 7 pounds right there.

Then cutting on the inner mounts I lost 1 pound per mount. They were 3 pounds each when I started.

You cant see it in the pics but I also cut some of the lip off of each side of the mounts but left a little bit of a lip an the part where the fender brace attaches to.

So right now the mounts on my 70 Dart are 4 pounds. Did this guy ever say what his aluminum mounts weigh?

A 70-2 Dart ... not much to those as far as weight ... but WHY fiberglass brackets are so neat is you can BOND the brackets to the bumper itself without any holes and bolts or riviets.

And again ... you want to use the OUTER brackets not the inner. The inners-only will not support the bumper properly.

These are aluminum bumper brackets. They weigh maybe 2 oz each. They cost under $5 to make.

They held my bumper on for 15 years using existing mounting holes. I tossed them in the trash last week because I was tired of having them around. I can always make another set in about an hour.

DSC00109.jpg

The brackets I posted were for a Barracuda. The Barracuda uses 4 (2, 2 piece) brackets that are very heavy (along with 2 small tabs at the fender).

These were for the front. 1 bracket for each side (instead of the standard 2). This left 2 unused holes in the bumper that I filled with bumper bolts (so it looked normal).

The exact weight of the brackets was 1.74 ounces each.

Why abandon the interest here and post it on Moparts?

Wow I guess I have been away...NO THATS NOT ME ON MOPARTS! My user name is the same on both sites and I havent been on there in a while.

The Duster ones are almost ready.....hold on.....ready for this.....I broke my leg New Years morning and have to have surgery Thursday the 6th. Look at my Surgery post

Soon as I can stand on my leg again I am going to get them finished up.

The 67-69 Dart ones are in the computer I just havent sent them to the cutter yet.

I put this on the back burner for a couple of months, I was trying to get my racecar ready before the little one is born.

As far as price goes...the closest that I can GUESS depending on the price of aluminum should be around the 150-200 range for the fronts. I have no idea on the rears yet. im sure that they wont be all that much, aint much metal there.

Im sure that i will be on this site a bunch the next 8 weeks as im limited to the couch and the lap top. hahahaha.

Hit me up if you have any questions.

I have some that got bent wrong if some one wants to mess with some welding and some RND....I still cant get to them for aa coulple of weeks, unless a friend comes over...Duster only.

Take care guys

What do they weigh? Sorry if you posted that all ready must have missed it.

PM me with that question, that way I dont forget to look when I can walk,

I wanna say something like...13oz of the large inside and 9oz for the inside one. im not sure if thats right. I did compare them to the OEM ones and they were much lighter.

Thanks for the question

-
Back