AM / Cell Phone Interface

-

Dana67Dart

The parts you don't add don't cause you no trouble
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well all you AM radio, single speaker enthusiasts.....

I have a proof of concept....

AM transmitter, antenna "Y" adapter, 12V DC to 3.5V DC converter, 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable, cell phone with 3.5mm audio out.

What this allows you to do is output your cell phone audio to an AM transmitter that it "Y"ed into the antenna input of your stock AM radio.

Tune radio to 1000khz and rock out to your favorite oldies in glorious flat mono!

Turn off the transmitter and tune in your favorite talk radio, religious or Mexican music radio station. (Only stations I get in Northern Colorado)

IMG_20200604_174826.jpg

Next proof of concept is a Bluetooth receiver with audio out

Oh keep it coming! This is the stuff I love! I made a digital dashboard on my iPhone for My Mustang. Monitored air fuel ratio, RPM, temp, volts, and fan status (on/off). Arduino based with a small bluetooth app on the phone. It got to be too much crap under the hood, but it was fun building it!

I was even thinking of adding an AM amplifier, so it would be touchless to the car. The AM transmitter works that way but it has to be within inches of the radio antenna.

They make these things for FM, sure seems like someone should have an AM version but I couldn't find one.

Muuuhhhaaaa muuuhhhaaaa....
It's alive, IT'S ALIVE

Cell phone Bluetooth to Bluetooth receiver to
3.5mm audio to AM transmitter to OEM car radio antenna input.

And we have a functioning prototype of a Bluetooth / AM radio interface!

Now for a AM amplifier to make it a touchless!
IMG_20200626_193506.jpg

-
Back