AMC trivia

-
That's essentially a Neon motor from what I hear
Yes it was used in neon's sold overseas but is different from the neon and Pt cruiser engine here in the states, it was built at the Chrysler engine plant in Brazil for Chrysler Diamler, when Chrysler quit its venture with BMW they quit making them.

Closest I ever got to owning an AMC car ...

A few days before I found and bought my brand new off the carrier 73 Dart 340 Sport minutes I test drove a black 1971 AMC Hornet SC 360 auto on a dealers used car lot.
It was fast and drove good but it did have a blue tint to the exhaust and there was rubber in the wheelwells, it was definitely beat on. IIRC it was $2900. Sorry to say but the Hornet was faster than the A/C loaded and smog-ish 73 340.

Believe it or not the 1973 350 4bbl Buick Apollo was under consideration before the Dart purchase.

I got a ride in a "Machine" once but the owner didn't punch it out. Cool car for sure. He was an engineer for Hewlet Packard and also had a white Bird 440-4. Gave me a not so spectacular few miles slow ride. He had money, he had more cars, maybe 5 or 6 that I can't remember anymore, only the two I got rides in .... This would have been around 1989/90 time frame.

I traded mine off 3 years ago, I like them, I just like A bodies better.:) I kept the wheels!

IMG_20160604_170938.jpg

IMG_20160703_141306.JPG

IMG_20180304_144841.jpg

-
Back