american racing Ansen Sprint Rims??????

-

paulh70

Reaction score
Hello All, Has anyone put these rims on a barracuda? I have a 67 barracuda Fastback, i'm thinking of putting 15 x 8 with 4.25 backspacing. They sell a Blank so i was going to order from a local dealer and have them drill the small bolt pattern. I've only ever used stock rims so this all new to me. TIA.
hVN0691-1024x981.png

They sell a blank, that's rare! Cool. Make sure the shop knows how to drill a 5 on 4 lug centric bolt pattern unless you want to run adapter rings in this bore.

What? They don't make um in the small bolt pattern anymore? I have a vintage set of four.

I didn't know that Ansen made them in 15'' for the small bolt pattern. I wish Keystone style were made in 15'' for our 5 on 4 bp

I didn't know that Ansen made them in 15'' for the small bolt pattern. I wish Keystone style were made in 15'' for our 5 on 4 bp

They don't make them in the small bolt pattern but they sell a blank (no bolt holes at all) and then i would have the local dealer drill the holes.

Mine are 14.

They sell a blank, that's rare! Cool. Make sure the shop knows how to drill a 5 on 4 lug centric bolt pattern unless you want to run adapter rings in this bore.

They are a local custom rim and tire chain. I have a spare rim i can take them for a template if they need it, i figured that would work.

My mistake, I thought you were responding to his comment about him buying 15's

It's all good. I somehow missed the part about them being 15s.

Centerline autodrags that were drilled for 5x4 had a smaller center bore than the standard wheel to make sure they had enough meat for the small bolt pattern. As a result they used a smaller center cap that is real hard to find today.
I wonder if there is any way to find out what the center bore of that wheel is?

And, i'm not so sure that a 15x8 with a 4.25 backspace will work on the front. @72bluNblu ?

Centerline autodrags that were drilled for 5x4 had a smaller center bore than the standard wheel to make sure they had enough meat for the small bolt pattern. As a result they used a smaller center cap that is real hard to find today.
I wonder if there is any way to find out what the center bore of that wheel is?

And, i'm not so sure that a 15x8 with a 4.25 backspace will work on the front. @72bluNblu ?

15x8 with a 4.25” backspace on the front? Yeah that’s not a good idea.

Thanks, I hadn’t seen these.
And the extra 1/4" backspace will definitely be a better fit.
Edit: the 15x7 with 3.75 bs is much more likely to work on the front, but no guarantee. The 15x5 with 2.5 bs will surely work. (Talking about the us mags from summit. )

Last edited:
And the extra 1/4" backspace will definitely be a better fit.
Edit: the 15x7 with 3.75 bs is much more likely to work on the front, but no guarantee. The 15x5 with 2.5 bs will surely work. (Talking about the us mags from summit. )

what would you recommend for the rear???

15x8 with 4 1/2 backspace seems to be the golden choice for the rear on a lot of mopars, usually the biggest/best fit for the 66/67 b-bodies (i have a lot more experience with them) and they have the tightest wheelwells of the b's.
I personnaly much prefer too much backspace to too little. Too much can be fixed with a spacer, too little backspace and the tire rubs the fender, or won't even go on at all. I have a couple pairs of older one piece five spoke mags that i cant use for just that reason. The right size tire for the width of the rim wont clear the fender, too little backspace.
I'm currently using spacers on three of my cars, but they are all racers and use long studs with the spacers, nhra requirement.

So what do you recommend?

There’s no reason for a 15x8 on the front, you can’t run enough tire on a 15” rim to need an 8” wide rim in the front. And 4.25” backspace isn’t enough for a 15x8 with any reasonable tire up front. A 15x7” is the way to go, with 4” backspace for a SBP brake set up or a 4.25” backspace for a BBP brake set up. Less than that will limit your tire width.

You could run a 205/65/15 on a 15x7 with a 3.75” backspace, but probably not much wider than that on most cars even on a SBP brake set up.

I just put these new 15 x 8.5 Ansen’s on 275/60 15 Cooper Cobra’s yesterday. I have it mini tubbed and the axle that is in there now is 7 1/4 axle. I have a shortened Dana 60 that will be going in there soon. The fronts are SBP that will be changed to LBP soon.

D334AC03-E6CE-4FFD-A37F-57B9E878441D.jpeg

7B53636A-54E0-4C9A-A878-3D66255F8592.jpeg

A889B5F1-C51B-45A6-B847-2668320BF865.jpeg

Thanks, for the pictures. They look good, however I ended up going with U.S. Mags. I really didn't want to do any modifications to the car with the type of restoration I am doing, So it was easier to go with the U.S. Mags and the look is pretty similar in my opinion.

I just put these new 15 x 8.5 Ansen’s on 275/60 15 Cooper Cobra’s yesterday. I have it mini tubbed and the axle that is in there now is 7 1/4 axle. I have a shortened Dana 60 that will be going in there soon. The fronts are SBP that will be changed to LBP soon.

View attachment 1715600620

View attachment 1715600621

View attachment 1715600622

-
Back