American Racing fitment

-

moparstud440

Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with American Racing Wheels VN105 Torq Thrust D or VN215 Torq Thurst II fitting their cars? Will be going on a 1969 Barracuda with a 8 3/4 factory drum rear and factory drum up front, but did change to the 5 x 4 1/2 bolt pattern. From some stuff I've seen from wheel websites they are okay for disc brakes, but I hadn't seen anything about drum. Just wanted to make sure. If they clear disc, I'd assume they would be okay with drums.

I had some vintage SBP TorqThrusts that did have an issue with the factory front discs, but they would have been fine with drums. The issue with discs was that they hadn't machined the centers deep enough for the elongated hubs on the K-H disc hubs. They bottomed out on the centers with about 3/16" to go to the mounting surface. This was fixed by a 1/4" spacer, but I didn't like the extra offset, so I sold them. I would be pretty sure any of them would be fine with drums -- I can't see where there could be interference.

My car has disc from a 73 duster and I've had no problem with fitment.

IMG_20181209_202758.JPG

IMG_20180808_114330.jpg

Rear is drum, no fitment issues. I had these wheels on a 68 barracuda before I put them on the demon also had them on a 72 demon with no issues.

-
Back