American racing torque thrust

-

Sam_318

Reaction score
I found a pretty good deal on some torque thrust wheels but not sure if they will fit, they are 15x8 in the rear with a 5 inch back spacing on a 5x4.5 pattern. The tires are 215/75/r15 . I plan on putting them on my 1969 valiant it has stock suspension and a 8 3/4 rear.
I appreciate any feedback guys!

Screenshot_20230311_065710_OfferUp.jpg

Fit as in within the wheel well? Yes. Fit as in 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern? No, unless you have changed your rear axles and your front disc, or drum, to a 4.5 bolt pattern. If your car is stock you'll need 5 x 4 bolt pattern.

I'm going to switch to disc front and rear, plan on switching to bbp with new brake kit thank you!

I'm going to switch to disc front and rear, plan on switching to bbp with new brake kit thank you!
Because you are changing the brakes, your wheel sizes may be different. You should do your brake conversion first and then measure for the correct wheels. You may buy the wheels above and they won't fit.

Well I only plan on swapping to bbp if I get the wheels. If I dont I'm sticking with sbp because of the wheels that I already for it.

If the back space is 5 inch you can get longer race studs and use spacers to make them work. It is when the Back space is less then 4 1/2 inches for Big bolt pattern your only alternative is to narrow the rear. You can always space the wheels out . You cannot move them in. If the deal is good buy them.

Remember there are two different wheels like that. There are the cheaper wheels and the more expensive wheels they are both American racing and look the same.

If the back space is 5 inch you can get longer race studs and use spacers to make them work. It is when the Back space is less then 4 1/2 inches for Big bolt pattern your only alternative is to narrow the rear. You can always space the wheels out . You cannot move them in. If the deal is good buy them.

Remember there are two different wheels like that. There are the cheaper wheels and the more expensive wheels they are both American racing and look the same.

I appreciate that info, is there a way to know what is the cheaper ones?

The only wheels I see with a 5x4.5 bolt pattern, and 5 inch back spacing is $466 a wheel that's more then he's asking for the set. And claims tires have 98 life left in them .

And claims tires have 98 life left in them .

Double check the date code. May have great tread depth but if they are 15 years old they may have issues (or depending on your state and inspection requirements the date might matter)

Good luck

If the wheels are a good deal without the tires, I'd jump on em. The 5" backspace will work well, especially if the rear disc brake kit widens the rear. If the tires still have a few years of life left, big score!

Put the other wheels I have for the valiant on it yesterday, I'm just going to stick with what I have. Anyone in the Waco tx area they are still listed he's asking $350 for the set! I'm sure it's negotiable been listed for 6 months now.
I appreciate everyone's response!

20230316_105215.jpg

20230316_105155.jpg

20230316_105142.jpg

20230316_105126.jpg

-
Back